Using ACID

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Budha, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Budha

Budha Guest

not the drug lol... I have Sony's ACID 5.0 and I'm wondering if it is possible to take like the voice/words out of a song. Me and a few friends want to remake the captain planet theme song with different words to be something that would be funny. Is this possible w/ that program?

2. popsnbeer

popsnbeer New Member

pretty sure its not possible, since the track is all intermixed with the music...if you do find out a way let me know. ACID is a relatively simple program where it limits the amount of editing you can do, I use it for simple music cuts and that's about it.

3. Budha

Budha Guest

Do you know what kind of program could do such a thing by any chance?

4. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

I had a roommate that was practicing singing and had all sorts of tapes with popular songs but vocals removed. It was basically the exact same song that you'd hear on the radio but w/o the vocals. They included lyric sheets printed with the musical notes. I think he said he bought them from a music store in town.....not like a place where you'd buy albums but where you'd buy musical instruments.

You might check those stores because I know they do exist. I don't know if you can make your own tho.

5. GOGZILLA

GOGZILLA Double-Uranium Member

theyre called instrumentals btw search for captain planet instrumentals

6. themolsen

themolsen New Member

you can probably download a VST plugin that will do this, however they are never perfect. you can never completely eliminate vocals without eliminating other parts of the music.