Using a CDRW as a floppy *Update*long*

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by LIQUID, Apr 27, 2003.

1. LIQUID

LIQUID #HarambeBless

Hello everyone :wavey:

I had posted a few weeks ago my problem about finding a program that would allow me to use a CDRW as one large floppy disk.

After rummaging thru my software I came accross the Nero software cd that had come with my CD burner. I popped it in and "WALLAH" there was a program called "InCD." I highlighted to see the description and it was everything I was looking for. :x:

Well after rebooting I attempted to format a CDRW disc to be used as a large floppy. Well I got to about 40% before I received an error. :( I tried again. And once again received the error. I thought to myself...well maybe I need to format the CDRW disc completely/Disable Norton and I'll try again. Again, same error. After doing some internet research I found an article that had all my answers :x:

http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=9997

**If your just skimming read this***

It turns out that there is some weird thing where it will not work unless you disable the NIC. I thought...oh thats BS!! I was willing to try it. I disabled it and tried again. BOOM!! It formatted my CDRW to use a floppy :bowdown::bowdown:

I tried out saving a file from Microsoft Word and it worked perfectly. Its just like saving to a floppy or your hard drive. :) I even modified it and clicked save...closed then opened it back up. Just like I saved it :)

This is sweet cuz its just like having another hard drive....well..the capacity is no where near of an HD but for stuff you just want to save quickly and perhaps take to another computer, its GOLD!!:x:

2. WannaZO6

WannaZO6 There are 10 types of people in the world, the one

nice find

3. LIQUID

LIQUID #HarambeBless

heck yea...i was about to shell out like $70 for some Adaptec software :eek:

4. Mugatu

Mugatu Ask me about market research. OT Supporter

:cool: that sucks about having to disable your NIC though - is that only during the format or whenever you want to use your CDRW as a floppy?

Hopefully this problem will be fixed by ahead

5. LIQUID

LIQUID #HarambeBless

as far as I am aware its only during the formatting process

yes it does suck....but it makes up for it when u can just drag and drop files like you would a regular floppy/HD....especially when you got big projects your working on (for me its audio) and i might want to work on them on a diff computer

yea...hopefully they get the kinks worked out :)

as for now ill continue using it the way it is :)