User Accounts Not Showing up in Global

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by TRN, Sep 23, 2008.

1. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what might cause user accounts to not show up in the global?

It seems like it's just not fully replicating or something.
    I've tried reloading the address book...:dunno:

Is there a certain area that can be checked on for this issue?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  2. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

So little info I don't even know where to start. Users won't show up if they're not mail enabled, or their hidden from the GC. Offline Address Book needs to be rebuilt and downloaded (by default it only does this once a day) for new users. And finally, it's possible there is a filter on the Address Book itself.

In other words, you have a lot of things to eliminate first, and more work done to figure out which users are doing it and what they have in common. You know, exactly what you need to do for any other problem.

3. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Where exactly in exchange is the option for hiding the accounts from GC?

4. chips

chips ...

if i recall new emails being add to the GC is not a priory when it comes to replicating so it may take a day or so.

5. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Is there any chance you could at least tell us which application this is in? Or are you expecting us to hack into your computer and watch your screen?

6. 5Gen_Prelude

You do very little work in Exchange Manager (save for rebuilding the Offline Address book manually). Most of the work is done in ADUC, but exchange options only show up on the exchange server or any other server where the exchange manager has been installed. It will be under the Exchange Advance tab though.

7. midcalbrew

midcalbrew OT Supporter

Unless you're using Exchange 2007, in which case most things are done in the Exchange Management Console, or possibly the Exchange Power Shell.

And yeah, sounds like your Offline Address book hasn't rebuilt, isn't rebuilding, etc. Will only affect Outlook clients that are in cached mode. But if you do an advanced search, new users will show up because it actually uses the Global Address Book at that point.

8. 5Gen_Prelude

You're right, I was having a hard time sifting through all of the information provided I must have overlooked that detail :rofl:

I hate questions like these. If I was a mod, I'd lock the thread with a note at the end of it, "Thread locked. Come back and post another one when you're willing to spend 10% of the time you've already spent trying to find the answer to ask the question correctly with the right amount of information."