GUN Used p226, good deal?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Rownan, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Rownan

Rownan SHIFT

Went to a mom and pop gun shop up the street and they had a used Sig P226 .40 S&W for $475. I'm not sure what P226 model it was specifically so assume it was just your standard P226. It had night sights, came with a 2nd mag, and the grips looked old school (not the ones that say Sig/P226). It had accessory grooves up front (for a light) but they looked odd to me from the other P226 pictures I've seen, the grooves were on the bottom instead of the sides... Hard to explain.

Kind of wish I had asked a few more questions about it, but it's definitely what I am looking for.

Like I said, it was used, not sure how many rounds have gone through it but the finish was a little worn in places. Also, the mag felt kind of loose to me, the guy assured me it was because it wasn't loaded but I dunno.

What do ya'll think? Good deal? Anything else I should pay attention to on a used gun like this?

2. Initial E

Initial E New Member

Good deal.

Is it just used from 2nd owner or Certified factory pre-owned. Regardless. That's a deal.

My buddy picked up a P226 Cert factory pre-owned for 600 out the door, so I guess it was like 550 or something before tax.

If you want to get it, make sure you go over every inch of that gun before you buy it.

3. Rownan

Rownan SHIFT

After doing a lot of searching, I'm beginning to believe it wasn't actually a p226, even though that's what the guy said it was when he handed it to me. I'm gonna stop in there again tomorrow but I'm thinking now that it was a SP2340.

http://www.remtek.com/arms/sig/model/sp2340/index.htm

4. Rownan

Rownan SHIFT

Notice the grooves under the front of the barrel? That's what I was trying to describe in my first post.

[​IMG]

5. Rownan

Rownan SHIFT

Assuming it is the SP2340, I like what I'm reading. However, it's definitely not a deal. Sounds like they can be found used for under $400

6. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Groves under the rail would be the 2340 or some aftermarket chop job if it really was a 226. I can't really picture how well that would work though, so I'd bet its the 2340.

No, 475 isn't any deal on a used sigPro. Tell them you'll give them 375 for it and not a penny more. They can be had new for a decent bit less than $500 just about anywhere.