GUN Used Guns with Baggage

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by phigity, Jan 26, 2010.

1. phigity

phigity New Member

I've bought a few used guns in my day and just recently thought, "what if this gun was used to kill someone". What kind of shit could I get into it I bought a gun that was previously used to kill someone? How often does that happen to people? Makes me want to buy only new now.

2. Mystical Badger

Mystical Badger New Member

Wat? Why even worry? There's no way you can know if it's been used in a crime or not. And what does it matter, the person did it, not the gun. I own a lot of mil-surp and I have a Finnish capture mosin with 4 kill marks, and it doesnt trouble me one bit.

3. GlassUser

GlassUser send an email not a pm OT Supporter

Get a notarized bill of sale if it's that big an issue for you. If it was used to kill someone and it was somehow tracked to you, the worst that would happen is that it would be seized for evidence. They'd have to actually place you at the shooting to have anything against you.

4. phigity

phigity New Member

I'm not really that worried just curious.

5. Mystical Badger

Mystical Badger New Member

Carved in the handguard:
    [​IMG]

It's a '39 Tula all numbers matching all original Finn-Capture. Still has all original pieces, including the stock:
    Note the Tula star and the 1939 date.
    [​IMG]

6. Mikael

Mikael OT Supporter

just document the purchase if you are really worried about it.

but what are the odds that someone is dumb enough to kill someone then sell the murder weapon, then on top of that there would need to be some reason for the cops to run ballistics on it. if you shot someone in self defense and admit it, i don't see them running ballistics on the gun

7. spagina

spagina Active Member

If you feel that bad about it, please contact me. I'm almost sure all Luger's, Walters, AK's and any other weapon in your possession may have killed someone at sometime. Only one way to test... drop several drips of water on the top of the receiver. If they run off, the gun is, or could be, a murder weapon.

At your earliest convenience, and time is of the essence, you need to bring me all your offending weapons. I will exchange them to you for prayer candles.

Only by this exchange and the lighting of the candles will the evil within your soul and manifested by your used weapons purchases be cleansed.

Hallajewya!

8. spagina

spagina Active Member

The picture of that stock reminds me of the top of my desk in high school...

9. oakback

oakback New Member

I would be more worried about buying a stolen weapon. My local sheriff said if I'm buying from a private party, I can call the the sheriff's office and have them run the serial number.

Other than that, I'd rather just go through an FFL dealer.

10. 4W4K3

4W4K3 New Member

Say you had a knife that was 60-70 years old, pretty rusted, etc. Is there a cheap way to test it for blood? Would blood even last that long and leave a trace on steel?