Used Flex first time..questions

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Derek173, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Derek173

Derek173 Analyst and Therapist

I just used my flex for the first time. Just practicing right now as I have never machine polished. I started with Optimum Finish and white ccs pad and saw a slight difference then I switched to Opt Finish + orange pad and saw a big difference but still felt it needed more as this car was beat up. As I grabbed my bottle of Opt Polish II, I had these questions I wish someone could have answered for me.

1. If I am moving to the Polish should I go back to the white pad (LC ccs) or stay with the orange? I stayed with orange.

2. Can I use the same orange pad with the polish as before or should it be a fresh one?

3. When do you decide if it just needs another pass of the polish or I need to switch to a compound?

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

If you were already using an orange pad and still need more cut, then stick with that pad and go more aggressive with the polish.

It is always best to use a different pad with each polish but as long as you go up in polish aggressiveness, you shouldn't have any problems using the same pad. Just remember in the future to not use that pad with a lighter polish.

If you aren't getting the results you want, move up to the compound.

3. Derek173

Derek173 Analyst and Therapist

Thanks Scott! I will be trying out the compound later today to see how I like it.