Used Evo or??

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by wiz, Apr 7, 2007.

1. wiz

wiz New Member

My woman gave me permission to trade the ole' pickup truck in for a sports car. I absolutely loved my Evo VIII. I think I might get one of those!!

Around $20k, what would you get/recommend?

2. P7

P7 You have something on your tongue, let me get that

"Get one, they're great cars with tons of potential from the factory! They handle great!"

"Dude don't get one. The seats are uncomfortable, the suspension is too rough for the street and the wing is too big. Waaaa!"

That's pretty much what you're going to hear. The latter from Honda/WRX/VW owners usually. That being said, since you're specifically buying a sports car,go for an EVO. You get the power and handling, plus 2 extra doors and a trunk for practicality. :bigthumb:

3. Evos aren't sports cars.

4. You'll also hear "Don't buy a used Evo/STi ever" because apparently they are beat to shit. Thats what I heard atleast.

5. 2500

2500 Guest

6. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

almost new Mazdaspeed MX-5

newish S2000

oldish C5 Vette

older NSX

Porsche 911 (993) if you're the adventurous type

BMW M-shoe/roadster if you're the nazi type

And Evos aren't sports cars.

7. wiz

wiz New Member

lol's.

I've owned an EVO before. And the seats are amazing. The car is amazing.
    I'm just wondering at the 20k range what would be a good alternative.

Can you get an older NSX for 20g's? :eek3:

I considered an MRoadster, and the latter C5. C5 is very high on my list.
    03 WRX is creeping up my list, just cause they are cheap...but I might consider a 99 GSX as well...im torn.

8. If you're considering a C5 or NSX, why are you even thinking about WRXs and EVOs?

9. rebs

rebs shares AIDS OT Supporter

says another 16 year old who's never been in anything faster than his post op mothers caravan.

10. Think what you want, the evo in your av proves you're an idiot.

11. rebs

the evo in my av that dominates your c4 shit vette in every performance aspect possible?

that one?

then i guess i lose:)

12. I doubt it.

A nice peak HP number may be cool to brag about on the net, but my starter makes more torque than your shitty little engine. I guess you can keep the super-soft tires that mitsu sticks on the car from the factory if you want to post a decent skidpad number, but the vette uses a proper suspension to do it. And your lame ass almost-awd setup is nothing more than glorified FWD. Mitsu can't even do AWD right. Your transmission (5 speed nontheless) is shitty, your giant wing is rediculous, and everyone with a serious car laughs at you when they see you putt down the road in yor little econobox with a turbo.

Not to mention my C4 cost a lot less than your fanboy car.

13. rebs

damn, so you're saying my shitty fwd, 5spd, underpowered econobox is slow?

yet its faster than your car....
    handles better
    accelerates faster
    brakes faster

damn bro....one of us IS AN IDIOT.

14. I can't prove it over the internet, but I give you credit for being as overconfident as any other idiot that buys an evo.

I see you are autocrossing in your av (if that even is you.) Surely you know that the EVO and the C4 are both classified in the same class by the SCCA. I guess there goes your agrument that the C4 is shitty, though maybe you have some insight that the SCCA lacks. Of course an autocross is where an evo has the biggest advantage, its almost-awd being helpful. Do you really think that a car that weighs the same, has less HP, WAY less torque, a cheap suspension, a shitty transmission, narrow tires, shitty weight distribution, and stupid "aerodynamics" could really keep up on a real track?

If you're dumb enough to buy an evo in the first place I doubt you're smart enough to know when you're wrong.

15. rebs

damn, all that shit in your favor, yet evo's are faster... I should sell my 32k pristine car and get a sweet ass 92 c4 from the local walmart parking lot, grow my hair out, and get a new wifebeater:cool:

16. See, the funny thing is that idiots like you just write the corvette off as some shitty redneck car. I'm glad you do. I'd rather you not buy one. Isn't it funny that the Vettes dominate ALMS, LeMans, their classes in autocross, etc...? You know in the early 90's the SCCA kicked the vettes out of a number of race series because they won all the races. Porsche and the other manufacturers said they'd leave if something wasn't done, so the vettes got booted. The way I see it, that says something about the C4, porsche wanted them banned.

Do you think anyone gives a shit about your evo?

17. rebs

No i love vettes. Almost bought one.

Id never own a c4, however.

Should i care what anyone things about my evo? They dont make the payments. Are you that shallow.

18. I meant it more along the lines of... "have any world class manufacturers tried to get EVOs banned from racing because they were getting the shit beat out of them?"

19. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Well they aren't :dunno:

That doesn't mean they aren't fast cars, or even good cars, but they aren't sports cars.

20. rebs

If they are designed AFTER a motorsport car, i declare it a sports car.

and frankly i believe labeling a car is stupid in itself.

21. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Hey smart guy, a stock Evolution IX makes 286 hp and 289 ft-lb peak torque at 3500 RPM.

Turbo motors don't work quite the same way as high-strung high-revving NA ones you have apparently grown used to belittling. (And even with high-strung NA cars, you see, there is this little thing called gearing which translates higher engine revs into torque at the wheels, which happens to be the one place where it actually matters...)

22. wiz

wiz New Member

I think I'll just get a civic. :lupie:

23. Thread hijacked, alert the government we have e-terrorists people. :run:

24. Eclipsed830

Eclipsed830 Active Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: troll on you fucking faggot.

25. Quick, rally the DSM owners!