Used Cadillacs i.e. STS

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by red97gst, Sep 5, 2007.

1. red97gst

red97gst New Member

I saw a local ad for a '95 Cadillac STS for like $3000 with 130k miles. It's in that nice white color I used to always sweat on those. Anyone ever own one of these? Northstar will prob be leaking some oil, and I have a friend who used to work on Cadillacs all day long, so ... any reason this wouldn't make a good car for weekend road trips, and evening cruising around the city?

[​IMG]

2. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

I owned a 99 Deville which is the same platform. It was a fine car and sold it to a family member who has 130k on it now with no issues.

If it's in good shape it will be a decent car.

3. red97gst

red97gst New Member

guy says he bought it a few months ago for his kid (will have to run a carfax) and his kid has been driving the shit out of it so he bought the kid a honda so he doesnt kill himself and is sellin off the STS now. he says the water pump belt tensioner broke so he replaced the pump and tensioner...and otherwise it runs well, just has a few dents and the requisite torn driver's seat...

I assume I can just throw a junkyard seat in there for cheap, not sure if it's a pain in the ass as Ive never replaced power seats before. not a big concern anyway...

i figured with his kid driving the piss out of it the last 3 months, any issues would have liekly popped up over that span... hopefully..hahaha

4. operationrob

operationrob OT Supporter

my mom has a 02 or 01 sts with about 65k on it that shes getting rid of very soon. there hasn't been any major problems with it. and the northstar engine is nice, it doesn't start to really pull until about 3-4k and then major torque steer. nice car though.