Use iTunes 7 to get brand new album art for your entire collection

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Bolicious, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

http://theubergeeks.net/2006/09/13/new-album-art/

2. Blair

Blair New Member

when i left this morning my itunes was processing a bunch of my songs automatically for cover art. i just decided to leave it on for the day and fired up transmisison.

3. LooneyTuned

LooneyTuned Oil? Bitch you cookin OT Supporter

for me it seems the only problem is that if there is nothing under the album label for the song, you will not be able to get album artwork.

To bad it couldnt match the song and the artist and attach the appropriate album artwork. Unless it can?

*EDIT*Nope im pretty sure it cant. Fuck sometimes i seem like thats typical apple. Its a great feature but half-ass and something they can improve on later instead of doing it properly and complete at once.

Having iTunes being able to search the song and artist, and then you could have the choice of picking the album cover because it would match the song to the appropriate album (incase u want the single or the album artwork...So if you had a The Scientist by Coldplay, your iTunes would goto A Rush of Blood to the Head and then prompt you to ask if you want it to match artist and Song to Album Cover.) This feature can be turned on and off.

Also if you ever got the artist name wrong iTunes would search your library in comparison to the music store, (So if you spelt Red Hot Chily Peppers it would prompt for the appropriate name change Chili. ) and ask you if you want to change the artist/band name to the proper spelling. Same with titles of songs.

Dont you hate getting song titles wrong. iTunes should search the artist to the song, if there is a title song that doesnt properly match to the artist, find the closest appropriate titles and you can change it to the right one, along with the album cover..(So say for example you had R.Kelly - Did Ya Ever Think, but it was supposed to be Did You Ever Think, it would recognize this and change it to the actual title.) Oh and every time your iTunes library makes a correction therefore automatically updates its info, so you don't have to manually enter everytime.

This feature could be turned off and on. If you want to it work as soon as you add new music, or when you want to at your own leisure. Also the ability to just drag and drop album covers from the music store would make things way easier.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2006
  4. t0tz

t0tz New Member

thanks

5. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

mother fucking :werd:

6. fixthe fernback

fixthe fernback New Member

Foobar2000 has had a feature similar to this for a long long time. It grabs album info, song numbers, names, and everything from a datatbase at Freedb.org.

7. omgwtfbbqryan

omgwtfbbqryan OT Supporter

eat my brainz

8. slfmade

slfmade New Member

:ugh: dude, be happy that now you have new features. i sure hope you dont want itunes 8 to suck your dick too.
    is it really gonna matter if the song name is Did Ya Ever Think compared to Did You Ever Think. i mean, why do you need it to be exactly correct? 9 out of 10 people wouldnt know it was wrong anyways.
    Here is a tip, everytime you add a song, look up the album and add it in and it will find the artwork. It should only take you 30-60 seconds to find the album name and if you do it everytime you add a song it will be easier than having 500 songs without album titles.
    just my 2 cents

9. LooneyTuned

LooneyTuned Oil? Bitch you cookin OT Supporter

:ugh2: Dude its really not that hard of a feature to incoporate. I think more people would like it done properly and automatically then wasting time for it not to. :hsugh:

When you ask why do you want it to always be correct? the appropriate answer is:..... so its correct :rolleyes:

When getting album art in the current iTunes you have to make sure dead on that the album and the artist name is correct. What a waste of time, espically if there is songs with accents, or album names that are just long etc..

10. slfmade

slfmade New Member

Of course people would like it done properly and automatically, i wish my toilet had 2 hands connected to it, one that wiped my ass and another that jacked me off, i mean, it would make my life so much easier.
    thats a little over exagerating but i just thought you came off as really negative and ungrateful. i mean, for a free mp3 player i'd say apple is leading the way with that, especially as far as macs go, we dont have to pay any money to download it or use it and have access to more features than any other program.
    not bad, huh?

11. CarRamRod

CarRamRod The schnozzberries taste like schnozzberries.

Just a FYI, when iTunes automatically downloads the album art, it doesn't embed it into the actual file. It downloads the jpg (or whatever) and simply references that in the database.

If you do the album art yourself, it will embed it into the file.

I use www.discogs.com for album art.

12. agent0068

agent0068 OT Supporter

it seems to hang for me (not a crash...just not doing anything) after going a short bit into my collection. i eventually hit the x to cancel it and give up.

13. omgwtfbbqryan

omgwtfbbqryan OT Supporter

when all is said and done, i dont like it. it doesnt embed in the file, and most of my songs werent even found.

14. Akira

Akira Coke > Pepsi

Or just highlight all music and go to

Advanced -> Get album artwork

15. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

having to enter your credit card number for no reason sucks

16. slfmade

slfmade New Member

yeah, a lot of my songs didnt get the artwork, and by not embedding it into the file is just kind of dumb too, oh well.