GUN USBP shoots border crosser

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Jan 15, 2007.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16618506/

Border agent shoots dead a Mexican migrant
    22-year-old was crossing illegally into Arizona with his family

MEXICO CITY - A U.S. Border Patrol agent shot and killed a 22-year-old Mexican who was crossing illegally into the United States, U.S. police said Saturday.

The agent shot Francisco Dominguez, who had crossed into Arizona with family members and other migrants, while trying to take him into custody, Cochise County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Carol Capas said.

She declined to give further details, including why the shooting occurred, because of an ongoing investigation. A spokesman at a U.S. Border Patrol office in Tucson, Arizona, could not be reached for comment.

Mexico’s Foreign Ministry said it instructed the Mexican Embassy in Washington to investigate the shooting of Dominguez, who came from the state of Puebla.

“The ministry is concerned about these kinds of situations of disproportionate violence that lead to the loss of human lives,” it said in a news release. :ugh: keep your fucking people on there side then

Risky journey
    Every year, thousands of Mexicans risk their lives sneaking across the 2,000-mile border, much of it desert, looking for work to escape poverty.

The millions of illegal Mexican immigrants who work in the United States annually send billions of dollars home to their families.

Last October, President Bush signed legislation to build 700 miles of fencing along the U.S. border, despite massive street protests by opponents and condemnation by Mexico’s government.

Immigration is seen as a threat to employment by many Americans. Supporters of the fence say it is also needed to keep out drug smugglers and terrorists.

2. quadracer420

quadracer420 New Member

I think more should be shot. IMO mexicans take away work from people because the beaners will work for really low wages that family men just cant do. The less the better IMHO.

3. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

That's true but the only people they actually hurt are those who don't have high school diplomas (not that I think they should be allowed to cross, I'm just saying).

4. quadracer420

quadracer420 New Member

ok well around where I live theres people who cant find work because beaners are doing the work for 3or 4$ an hour when me or you could be making 7+$ and hour, but who do they hire? I think they should be able to cross, cross the path of a well aimed bullet, we (the us) are too lieniet(sp) on them. IMO if more action was taken , or some where made an example out of they would see what would happen to them and they wouldent come.

5. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I pray to God you have no children... actually, that you've never even been near a child.

6. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

:bowrofl:

7. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Bill Jordan is proud.

8. Small Block LSX

Small Block LSX BMW | N54 | LSX | Gun | PS3 | Parent | Night CREW

You are wrong there. The jobs they usually take are jobs that most American's don't want to work. In fields like construction, it is also illegal for the company as well to pay or hire illegal immigrants. There are huge fines and penalties for this now. How many American men want to go out in to the fields and pick apples? Not many.

9. Small Block LSX

They are going to come no matter what. You build a fence, they go around it. You build a bigger fense, they go under it. You have to understand they are trying to leave because they are living in a poverty stricken area. A lot of Mexico is third world. There are only a few major cities that are "normal" by todays standards. And, even at that, there is so much corruption within the government. To make matters worse, the government supports illegal immigration to the United States because they send billions of American currency back home. If they didn't rely on that income their economy would be even worse.

The major problem with illegal immigration is that if they have children here they are entittled to the tax payer dollars - regardless of if they paid into the system. They can also get free education, free grants, and free healthcare. It's rediculous.

10. quadracer420

quadracer420 New Member

well i see your point, i just see people who are willing to do the jobs but are being giving to the mexicains. I mean if i was a mexican id just grow pot like mexico is known for and make money that way.

11. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

this is the whole problem i have with messicans being in the US. If you want to work here, Pay our taxes and spend the money here. Don't come to work in American and then syphon the money you make, out of our economy and send it back home.

This reason alone is why the Mexicans are hurting our economy.

If the US Border Patrol would do more shooting it might make them more hessitant to come into the country illegally. I have no problem with immigrants who emigrate legally. No problems there, just the illegal ones.

12. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

13. striker754

striker754 Chillin

i see no problem. this should not be a news story. This should be the norm.

14. Small Block LSX

So, you know people who would pick fruits out in a field and take the shitty jobs for minimum wage? I highly doubt it.

15. idleprocess

idleprocess Bring a dollar with you baby in the cold cold grou

The flipside of that argument is that the presence of so many illegals willing to work under the table and averse to reporting labor abuses to the authorities has depressed wages for the blue-collar jobs that "Americans are not willing to do" to the point that few Americans want to do them.

I know that there are millions of Americans in this country that enjoy performing labor, doing things with their hands, working as tradesmen, etc that aren't doing those things because they no longer pay well enough to live the way that the average American wants to live - i.e. in a house they own, living only with their immediate family, enough money to live on comfortably, and above board. The professional environment, desk jobs, and extensive education required for white-collar work just don't suit these folks. I've worked with some of these people and know that many of them would love to be working in the factories, on farms, in construction, and some of them even as janitors if it paid like it used to twenty-plus years ago, back when it was still respectable to be "working class" and actually work for a living. In fact, the one thing I really miss about my previous job was the fact that it wasn't desk-jockeying all the time ... I'd build and test things about 20% of the time and wasn't chained to my desk.

As far as being illegal to hire "undocumented immigrants," the law is cleverly written so that it's pitifully easy for a company to hire illegal immigrants. Do you know what the burden of proof for the INS I-9 form is? The company needs only make a copy of the applicant's identity documents and believe them to be genuine. There is no need to check with the issuing authority or verify the documents ... so any "undocumented immigrant" needs only get a bogus social security card, a driver's license, and then they're in business.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2007
  16. quadracer420

quadracer420 New Member

as far as picking fruit, answer me this. Would you rather work at mc donalds OR Be outside, nice fresh air doin something with your hands? Shure it would be hard work but better than a lot of fast food jobs IMO

17. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

End welfare and we'll have a bunch of people to put to work to replace illegals

18. Fidel Castro

Fidel Castro OT Supporter

19. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

http://www.corruptionchronicles.com/2007/01/border_patrol_in_trouble_for_u.html

January 16, 2007
    Border Patrol In Trouble For Using Force

A U.S. Border Patrol agent is being federally investigated for shooting a violent Mexican migrant during a confrontation near a border portion of the Arizona desert where Mexican gunmen attacked a National Guard post less than two weeks ago.

Though many of the details are being withheld by U.S. authorities, the unidentified agent shot the Mexican migrant because he feared for his life. The man, Francisco Javier Dominguez-Rivera, was attempting to enter the United States illegally with a group of seven between Bisbee and Douglas. The agent took six people into custody, but Dominguez-Rivera began fighting and a confrontation ensued.

At the request of Mexico’s president and the would-be illegal immigrant’s parents, the FBI has launched an investigation into the incident and the Border Patrol agent has been suspended. Dominguez-Rivera’s mother, who lives in the central Mexican state of Puebla, has actually demanded that the Border Patrol agent receive the death penalty and his father said the agent’s version cannot be true because “the one certain thing is that people there are racist and this is not the first Mexican they’ve killed.”

Violence at the U.S.-Mexico border is on the rise, with Border Patrol agents repeatedly under fire from violent Mexican drug cartels as well as human smugglers. Evidently, U.S. agents are punished for defending themselves and the country they were hired to protect. Recent examples include two Border Patrol agents sentenced to prison for shooting a Mexican drug smuggler last year in El Paso Texas and National Guardsmen retreating after armed Mexican drug smugglers ransacked their unit in well-known drug corridor of the Arizona desert.

20. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

It's shit like this that makes me want to join with the Minute Men, if only I could speak spanish. The country is racist against mexicans? Then why the fuck was the guy coming over? I don't know what to get mad or laugh at how ridiculous it all is.

21. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

US Border Patrol Agent Charged With Murder in Shooting of Mexican Immigrant
    By VOA News
    24 April 2007

A U.S. Border Patrol agent has been charged with murder in the fatal shooting of a Mexican illegal immigrant in January.

Prosecutors in the southwestern state of Arizona filed four charges Monday against agent Nicholas Corbett, including first-degree murder.

The charges say Corbett unlawfully killed Francisco Dominguez-Rivera January 12 as the immigrant crossed the Mexican border illegally into Arizona.

Corbett has said he fired at Dominguez-Rivera in self-defense after being threatened with a rock.

Prosecutors say evidence shows Dominguez-Rivera presented "no threat" to the agent. The evidence includes testimony from three Mexicans who tried to cross the border with Dominguez-Rivera.

The Mexican government has condemned the killing.

Corbett remains a Border Patrol agent but is no longer working in the field.

22. RMarks

RMarks New Member

They're relying on fucking testimony from 3 fucking illegals? Give me a fucking break.

And I love the way the Border Patrol is hanging their guy out to dry to please some mexicans that don't mean anything to this country.

23. 90free400e

90free400e New Member

what about the people that run businesses? Take, for instance, 2 lawn care companies. 1 hires illegal immigrants, 1 doesn't. The one that does will put the other out of business, because of much cheaper labor costs.

24. jayhat

jayhat You have the personality of a dead moth.

They do shit ass work that no white men would want to do. I know, my dad has a orchard (also white btw). Its like we cant live with em, cant live without em'.

25. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

I hope the Border Patrol workers go on strike.