USB Wireless Network Adapter for PS2?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by jlouque, Sep 18, 2002.

1. jlouque

jlouque Guest

I want to know if connecting a USB wireless network adapter to a Playstation 2 for online play is possible. I had thought of this idea when I heard that Sony was releasing their add-in network adapter. However, I do not know anyone who can assure me that this will work. My plan is to purchase a D-Link DWL-120 Wireless LAN USB Card to use on my PS2. If anyone knows if this or some other wireless USB adapter will work please let me know. The D-Link costs about $60 and there is currently a $20 mail in rebate for it.

2. to quote the great Al Borlin, "I don't think so Tim."

The PS2 network adapter is designed to utilize the expansion bay on the PS2. I highly doubt that the System will recognize an adapter plugged into the USB port. Besides, the official PS2 network adapter costs $40 bucks. RThat is of course, if you can find one.

3. Scooby

Scooby Growing up too fast...

I forgot where I read it but yes, a usb adapter would work... ive seen it work

4. jlouque

jlouque Guest

I had read about this somewhere in the past, but can't find it now. I really would like to hear from someone who has done this to find out what model adapter they had used. Please let me know if anyone knows of an adapter proven to work as such.

Thanks for the reply

5. JC

JC New Member

Linksys usb wireless does not work :dunno: about the rest

6. gremlin190

gremlin190 New Member

Wow that would be cool though, wouldnt have to run that length of cat5 cable. Are u listening Sony ?????

7. gremlin190

gremlin190 New Member

so have u tried it yet ??? If so did it work. I want one if it does.