USB mouse and keyboard not working.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by PC Principle, Oct 27, 2006.

1. PC Principle

PC Principle New Member

I updated the Nvidia graphic drivers and when it rebooted neither the USB mouse or USB keyboard will work anymore. I hooked up the ps/2 mouse and keyboard and they work fine. When I tried to do a system restore it would not let me. What the fuck happened?

When I unplug and replug the keyboard in while in device manager it comes up as keyboard for about 5 seconds but then changes to Human interface Device or some shit.

2. mdaniel

mdaniel S is for Shiksa

Delete all of your USB controllers, hubs, etc. in Device Manager and reboot.

3. PC Principle

PC Principle New Member

Tried that. Still doing the same thing. :(

4. PC Principle

PC Principle New Member

I knew this would stump you guys as it did to me. :(

5. mdaniel

mdaniel S is for Shiksa

That's why I will continue to use PS2 mice and keyboards for as long as the ports exist. They just plain work. Anyway, after you deleted all of the USB stuff from Device Manager, did you unplug the mouse and keyboard, reboot, then plug them into different ports? Sometimes that'll kick Windows in the ass and get it to recognize them as new devices and load the drivers properly. Oh, the Human Interface Device stuff is normal for USB mice and keyboards.

6. PC Principle

PC Principle New Member

Yeah I did that. But you know how usually when you plug in a keyboard it says Human Interface Device FIRST then it switches it to keyboard? It is doing the exact opposite. It is saying gaming keyboard pro at first then switching it to HID.