usb cable for my sprint sp-m610

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by dew, May 7, 2007.

1. dew

dew Banned

i just got the samsung m610 with the 1gig micro sd card.. i wanted the usb cable to just transfer music and pics with the cable instead of having to take the battery out and taking the micro sd card out everytime. So i went to sprint and they said they dont have the usb cable yet nor do they have any idea what the hell im talking about. I know it uses a usb cable because when i go to connect to pc it says "connect usb cable" . I googled it and found this http://www.handhelditems.com/samsung-m610-data-cable-p-6317.html i dont know if i need drivers and i dont know if that web site is any good.. can someone help me out here:hsd:

2. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

You'll definitely need drivers because phones aren't standardized enough for Windows to come with drivers pre-installed. Furthermore, the cable can only transfer data that the phone will allow it to access; if the phone's operating system won't expose the contents of the SD card to the USB cable, then you're SOL.

3. Create

Create :free at last:

No, you're not.

Check out a program called bitpim

It's been a few years since I touched it, but it was able to fully manipulate my phones OS/files/etc. through bitpim.

4. dew

dew Banned

there has to be drivers or a usb kit somewhere :wtc: does anyone know any good cell phone sites?

5. dew

dew Banned

so if i got that usb cable and this program it will work?:bowdown::x:

6. Create

It may. You should do your research. A few years ago, bitpim was a command line interface compatible with about half the phones on the market.

I have no clue what they're all about today.

7. deusexaethera

I tried BitPIM, it hasn't worked properly for any of my phones or any of my friends' phones. It's VERY selective, and works best with Nokia's because of Europe's wonderfully liberal intellectual-property laws.

8. Create

I went digging. The phone I used it for was a Motorola T720 on the Verizon Wireless network.

9. KillKingKong

KillKingKong New Member

I found the cable that my phone needs off of ebay for $1...but i paid like $6 in shipping lol. Verizon sells the cable i needed but for $30 so i saved money anyway. Oh and the cable came with the drivers i need for the phone. Without the drivers bitpim won't recognize it.

10. dew

dew Banned

11. deusexaethera

No idea. Maybe try asking on a forum for Samsung phones.