USB Cable for LG VX8000

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by VoOdOoVyPeR, Apr 11, 2005.

1. VoOdOoVyPeR

VoOdOoVyPeR New Member

Hey, I was wondering if there is a USB cable for the LG VX8000 and how much it costs. A link would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Edit: I'd like it to be a Verizon USB cable, not some cheap shit one from some crap site. I didn't see one on www.verizonwireless.com, maybe im not looking hard enough?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  2. Gai

Gai New Member

There will be no difference between the Verizon one and the no name generic brand as long as you don't get ne that "charges" the phone as well. Those will fry your phone...the Verizon one is the one that comes in a "data kit" and is no different from a generic cable.

The cable is the same for the VX7000, 3200, and even the 6100 I believe. If you check ebay, you can find one for like $5 and it's fine...some of the older ones are for the VX6000, and can fit, but need a lil trimming or the fit will be tight.

3. VoOdOoVyPeR

VoOdOoVyPeR New Member

does it allow for transferring of pictures from the phone to the computer, cuz thats basically all i want it for. i think its stupid to pay monthly for a service that lets you do it.

4. Gai

Gai New Member

Yup, I make my own wallpapers/ringers and download them straight into the phone (a vx7000).

5. ueberjeff

ueberjeff Save the seals...club a liberal.

There is no official cable for the LG 8000, but as noted above the LG 7000 cable works fine.

6. VoOdOoVyPeR

VoOdOoVyPeR New Member

ok, a long with all of that...say i got a hold of some lg vx8000 game files on my COMP, would it be possible to transfer it to the phone too?

side question: are there the get it now games anywhere to be found other than on the phone? my aim is VoOdOoVyPeR if u dont wanna answer that on here

7. ueberjeff

ueberjeff Save the seals...club a liberal.

Officially, no on both counts. Unofficially I'm sure someone with greater motivation and hacking capability than me has figured out how. I've just never been motivated to try. Games on phones just don't interest me.

8. VoOdOoVyPeR

VoOdOoVyPeR New Member

oh, well part of the reason i ask is because i have like 8 games on another phone that i want to put on this one and the crackas at verizon wont transfer em for me.