USB 2.0 Issue

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by SlickStick, Feb 6, 2004.

1. SlickStick

SlickStick New Member

What's up guys. I built my computer and it has an Asus P4P800 motherboard. The drivers disc says simply to install Windows SP1 for USB 2.0 support. Well I have the service pack, all of the updates for XP from www.windows.com and my ports are still not high speed :wtc: Any ideas on how to make these bitches speed up?

2. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

There should be a CD that came with the motherboard that will have the correct drivers for it. Or try to go to the Asus site and look for them.

CM.

3. SlickStick

SlickStick New Member

All of the drivers on the CD/Asus's website have them for Windows 2000, but for XP it is always a readme file that says "download SP1."

4. The Bastard

The Bastard Guest

Did you benchmark the throughput? What's the sustained/peaked rate?

5. SlickStick

SlickStick New Member

I don't know hwo to bench test my USB...I just know it's not 2.0 because when i plug i my Dell Dj it says "high speed device plugged into non high speed USB controller" and under device manager it doesn't say high speed.

6. The Bastard

The Bastard Guest

7. SlickStick

SlickStick New Member

8. SlickStick

SlickStick New Member

I figured it out...before I had the service pack I would try going to device manager and hitting install driver (search for driver automatically) and none would be found. After downloading service pack one I just tried the same and it will connect to microsoft online and download the necessary driver. Anybody who is having problems just go into device manager and search for driver automatically after getting the service pack. Thanks anyways guys.