USA Today does a Front Page article on the iPod

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Bolicious, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/products/gear/entertainment/2005-01-31-ipod_x.htm?

2. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

cool. i read that to my wife for her bedtime story. :)

3. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

It's definitely a really good read. I generally try and read a lot outsider opinions on Apple because they are generally non-biased and not trying to sell you anything. Some are full of opinions, some of research, and some of facts vs. predictions.

I love my iPod. My girlfriend doesn't understand it. Initially, I thought about getting her an iPod for our anniversary in November. I thought it would be a great gift, but I knew nothing about them other then they were made by Apple. I loved my Mac, so I knew it would probably have the same quality and finish. With all the models available, I started to look more into them. At first, I was just going to get her a silver mini to match her PowerBook. I thought, she walks around campus and her neighborhood to friend's houses all the time. It will come in handy.

Then I found out about iTrip and different methods of using it in radios and stereos. I was pretty surprised. I thought, 90% of her CDs are burned MP3s, so this would be perfect. She drives an hour to school every day and this would make it easier for her to sift through music and such. Well, the more and more I looked into the iPod and it's potential, the more reasoning I had for getting her one, and maybe even one for me. I tried to feel her out on thoughts of having an iPod and she wasn't interested in them at all.

Then, I realised that I wanted one for Xmas, since I told her how versatile it was, essentially convincing myself. I could use it in the car, at the office, at home, through the radio by the bed, the radio in the shower, on planes, long walks, workouts... yadda yadda. I was hooked. Well, now that I have one, it goes EVERYWHERE with me; and she's sick of it. :rofl: If she sees me grab it, she'll say, "Tell me you're not taking your iPod :ugh:"

:o :rofl: :dunno: I can't help it. I like it so much, that I hate when I don't have it. :hs:

4. Achmiel

Achmiel Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullshi

I can't wait to get one :x:

5. Trev

Trev New Member

Good article -- I hadn't seen it -- thanks for posting

6. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

My wife's the opposite. She keeps wanting to steal mine. I'll probably get her a Shuffle soon and then give her my Mini if/when they come out with an update to the Mini that is too good to pass up.

7. omgwtfbbqryan

omgwtfbbqryan OT Supporter

:mamoru: at the picture of a 1st gen!

8. ZZex

ZZex New Member

Sometimes, I perfer the Shuffle over my 3rd Gen. I don't have time to rate every single song and then edit a smart playlist for them, lol. Don't mind me, i'm just being lazy. yay for iTunes.

9. Vaytan

Vaytan New Member

I Can't wait to get mine in 2 weeks. I have to give apple props for making such a kick ass product. The first thing I am getting is a itrip to I can use it in the car and I don't have to worry about getting a CD player in there.