US Cellular phone question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by DVS SHO 93, Sep 7, 2007.

1. DVS SHO 93

DVS SHO 93 machine of hate

Well, my razr is finally taking a crap after almost two years. phone still works, but the main display is just static most of the time, so looking thru my phone book and sending texts is pretty difficult.

Dont really want to get another razr, and i'm not sure what type of phones I should be looking for that I could use on the US Cellular network. Whats a nice phone that can be unlocked to be used with US Cellular? And if its unlocked, all I need to do is take it to a store to activate it?

2. bigboostdsm

bigboostdsm New Member

You have to get a phone that uses CDMA, I know sprint uses CDMA. I'm not sure how getting it unlocked to work on their network is. Why not just look on ebay for phones that are compatible with US cell? Problem with US cell is that they don't get many of the new phones that are actually cool.

I had a razr and went through 4 of them in 18 months, so I decided no more Motorola's for me. The only phones that they had that I actually liked were the krzr, slvr, and the Blackberry 8703e. Since I didn't want a Motorola again I went with the Blackberry and got the data plan. I renewed my contract and got the phone for 99.99 with 3 months of data plan for free.

You may want to look into extending your contract if you're able to, because getting a phone from them that way is still going to be cheaper than picking up a phone off ebay to use.

3. sony

sony Active Member

If it's been two years, are you almost off the contract? Maybe you should renew your contract and get a new phone or switch providers. :dunno:

4. DVS SHO 93

DVS SHO 93 machine of hate

almost two years. Will be two years in jan/feb :wtc:

5. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

us cellular uses cdma with brew. Good luck with that. I don't think a verizon or sprint phone will work. The esn won't activate in their system, methinks.

6. sony

sony Active Member

Call in and be nice about it tell them you want to renew (unless you rly don't) and see if they'll hook you up. The only other bet is to search ebay or CL for US Cellular phones. :dunno: