urgent: keyboard not working during boot

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by mark5hs, Nov 23, 2007.

1. mark5hs

mark5hs New Member

Im using a 939 K8N Gigabyte motherboard. I bought 2 sticks of ram and put them in, but after I did so, the computer wouldn't boot and instead continually beeped with no video being output ot the monitor. so I unplugged and replugged the video card and tried it. it got to the "the last attempt to restart the system from its previous location failed. Attempt to restart again?"
    I tried to push enter, but it did not register, despite the keyboard being lit up. When I turned off the computer, the keyboard and mouse continued to recieve power, as they were lit up. I tried removing the new ram, same problem. What should I do?

2. mark5hs

mark5hs New Member

I just tried a PS2 keyboard and it worked. However, after windows started, neither my sound card, nor my onboard card worked! Whats up with that?

3. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

You shocked the MB when you put the sticks in.

4. mark5hs

mark5hs New Member

that would make sense for the onboard (though I was careful about static), but why isn't the sound card working? I know
    I didn't come anywhere near it when I put the sticks in.

5. mark5hs

mark5hs New Member

I just tried updating, both sound cards showed up in device manager, nothing had a yellow question mark, and yet, it still doesn't work. What else could it be?