SRS upset about last SO... quick vent

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by the_rebirth, Feb 9, 2006.

1. the_rebirth

the_rebirth embrace

upset about last SO... quick vent (updated 2/13)

to make a long story short, i shouldn't be upset. i was mistreated for the most part, and it took me months to realize that i wasn't always to blame...

either way, i've never connected with someone like i have her. i gave everything i had to her, but in the end there was so much to overcome. the relationship ended around halloween but it was falling apart far before then.

the worst part about it is that she started dating someone in nov, and in a moment of weakness around NYE, she decided she wanted to see me again, broke up with him. we spent a week together, slept together twice, and after it, because i refused to get a place with her, she went back to the guy she dated

i put myself in the position to be fucked (literally and figuratively) and now i'm kicking myself twice as hard. i don't have any problem meeting women (though i hate how that sounds), and i've already turned down a handful because i want to find the same type of connection

today would have been 30 months... :wtc:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2006
  2. svetlanalemon

svetlanalemon A little blood and vomit on the car seat...

it's hard to let someone go.

i think subconsciously, you are trying to find someone to replace her. you can't. you have to make amends with the past, and acknowledge that you loved her, and now that she is gone, she only remains a memory. it's not easy to find someone you can connect with, especially after the last one hurt you.... it's almost as if inside you don't really want to, it's like you want to go back. But it's not right. You have to let go, and accept that she was not the one, because she is not with you now. You are a better person for being true and now, you should try and live self-sufficiently, even though you might get lonely, and if the right person comes along, that'll be it.

good luck.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I think that if she was the one who mistreated you you did the right thing to step out of the relationship, however from the way you make it sounds like asif you are constantly putting yourself into a situation where you allow yourself to get mistreated. I think that you need to form boundries for yourself and forsee what is 'hurtfull' for you or 'benefitial' and stay out of hurtfull events as such as you described here.

4. LS Boy

LS Boy OT Supporter

same exact thing happened to me....

gf dumped me first week of january this year for someone she been seeing for a month (so she pretty much cheated on me for a month til i asked her straight out and she straight out told me so).

anyways, as much as it hurt i accepted the fact that even though i loved her and did what i can to her----shes gone. i moved on and did NC. it was very hard...even though she cheated on me and mistreated me most of the time, i still wanted to be with her. thats when i realized i was weak and people will just walk all over me. so anyways, 3-4weeks with NC.....bitch txt me and begging me back and wanted to come over. i stayed strong and told her that "sorry that you and your bf didnt work out, but i had enough of your bullshit...ive moved on" she told me it was like that with him etc....and kept on beggin me. alas, i just ignored her and i havent heard from her since (that was sunday btw)

stay strong bro.

5. the_rebirth

the_rebirth embrace

it freaks me out that in the past two days, she's checked my, myspace profile 17 times...