TAT Upper Cartilage done with 14g

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Labster, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

I went to one of the most infamous tattoo parlors near where I live and got my upper cartilage done today. I was really surprised when he used a 14g needle to do it though. The first time I had it done, a few years back, it was done with an 18g needle. Let me know what ya think. It's still sorta tender. I'm hoping that it'll heal quickly.

[​IMG]

2. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

14g doesn't surprise me.. it's standard piercing size. My industrial was done at a 14.
    either way, if you like it, then that's all that matters.

3. Nickos

Nickos Active Member

you went to a piercing place and they pierced your cartilage with an 18ga needle and jewelry? shit we dont even have needles that small at our shop.. i take that back.. there are a few that have been sitting around forever but they are never used

4. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

Yea, it was on vacation at one of those side of the road tattoo shops. Now I gotta go out and buy some liquid band-aid wash stuff to clean it.

5. pir8penguin

pir8penguin Guest

screw that. use dial complete (liquid antibacterial). you don't need anything facier than that (and really, you could get away with regular anti-bact dial).

mine was done at 16g, went to 14g in 4 weeks.

6. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

i wouldnt even use the soap. just do sea salt soaks twice a day. 2-3teaspoons of salt to 1L of water(same consistency as tears). put some in a cup, put your ear in the cup for a few minutes. make sure all the discharge(crusties) are off prior to doing that

7. bapesta

bapesta New Member

8. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

Thanks for the advice. It seems to be healing nicely, I can actually move the ring around with minimal discomfort.

9. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

Question for Nickos or anyone else that might know. This is the snap ring type with the ball in the center, I'm sure you've delt with them before. How do I get this thing open? I've tried with my fingers but that doesn't work at all.

10. Poetic

Poetic Guest

Im getting that done on monday, I don't know where mine will be placed though. It will prolly hurt for like 1-3 seconds, but eh i'll get over it.

11. Turboed_2

Turboed_2 .

Captive bead rings....basically the ball has 2 little dimples that the ring sets in to. Your easiest bet would be to just use some pliers and stick it in the space between the jewelry and ear and open them up, but why would you want to open it already?

12. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

Just for cleaning purposes so I can get the anti bacterial stuff in there and also I'm looking at different jewelry already. Do you think that needle nose pliers would work?

13. pir8penguin

pir8penguin Guest

don't change it yet, and don't remove it to clean it. soap up the area and turn the ring in the hole. if you're doing the soaks, you might want to turn it a couple times during. if you buy jewelry from a real piercer, most of them wouldn't mind changing it out, and they have the appropriate ring openers and closers for the job. although, if it's only a 14g ring, you could probably weasel the ball out. i don't recommend this, but i did it like 2 days ago.