Upon bootup...comp makes one long and 2 short beeps...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by quickone, Aug 7, 2005.

1. quickone

quickone New Member

What does this mean? It would happen everyonce in a while since i built the PC. it would seem that I could randomly wiggle somethin on the mobo then it would work. I just reformatted my hdd and when it restarted I heard the beeping again and nothing comes up onto the screen...no signal is even sent to my monitor. but its one long and 2 short beeps that I am hearing.

What does this mean? Help!

2. quickone

quickone New Member

I just read that its a display adapter error...so it's either my video card or monitor...I think it's my video card. I just bought the thing less than six months ago too

anyone confirm this error?

BTW I got a geforce fx5200 card in there now....I was lookin at getting an ATI Radeon x800 XL. Does anyone know if ATI cards are compatible with an ABIT ic7-g mobo?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2005
  3. RyanL

RyanL OT Supporter

Make sure the card is seated in the slot properly. Take it out and put it in again and make sure that it is pushed down all the way.

It's happened to me a few times before. More then likely the card just wiggled lose one way or another.

4. quickone

quickone New Member

Yeah hoping thats it. It's done this before quite a few times too...I always thought it was the mobo...till I actually took the time this time to look up what the beeps meant.