Upgrading to iPhone 3G question...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by TurkeyChicken, Nov 29, 2008.

1. TurkeyChicken

TurkeyChicken New Member

I've been using my work cellphone as my personal cell for the last 2 years and think it's about time I get my own number and distance myself from the work phone.

I want to get an iPhone, but would rather wait another 6 months or so to purchase one. During that time, I'm thinking about just getting some cheap pay-as-you-go plan.

My question is, if i get some cheap AT&T pay as you go plan, can i keep that same number when i upgrade to an iphone?

2. The1Ash10

The1Ash10 Active Member

3. TurkeyChicken

TurkeyChicken New Member

i'm really just hoping that they'll increase the storage on the iphone here in the next 6 months :x:

4. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

you really think you need more than 16gb on a phone?

5. 5SpeedSER

5SpeedSER OT Supporter

putting music and movies on there... easy, a 48-60gig iphone would be perfect for me.

6. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

First and foremost, it's a phone. I don't see why you would want/need to carry your movie library with you. If you are traveling, yeah a few movies are cool.

7. TurkeyChicken

TurkeyChicken New Member

It's turning into more than just a phone now. With all the app store downloads, ability to play games and watch movies... having a little extra space is definitely a good thing.

My personal music library is over 55 gigs right now. Granted, probably about 6 of that is stuff i actually listen to. But 6-8 gigs of music + 2 or 3 movies and you're already looking at 10 gigs or so.

8. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

16gb is more than enough, maybe even 32. My music library on iTunes is 80 gigs or so, doesn't mean I want to have all that music on my phone, or even half of it.

9. 5SpeedSER

5SpeedSER OT Supporter

thats wonderful if thats all you need... i could easily use more. I dont carry my movie library around, hell i have one short tv episode... but i have many many gigs of music that would be nice to have on there. Not to mention, load up a few apps and you're already using a bunch of space.