Upgrading my Laptop's Memory

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Kinie, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Kinie

Kinie MY DRILL IS A DRILL TO CREATE THE HEAVENS!

I'm hoping I can get some help here. As the thread title says, I am looking to upgrade my laptop's memory. My laptop itself is a Dell Inspiron 1200, which I got in the summer of 2005. It currently is using the memory that came with it (256 MB card) and can go up to a maximum of 1280 MB. The processor is an Intel Celeron M processor, 1.30 GHz.

I was looking to upgrade to either 512 MB or go all the way to 1 GB if I can afford it. I know that my memory card model is a PC2700. I was looking on newegg.com for PC2700 cards, and while I've found a few, I don't want to buy one only to find out that it won't work when it arrives.

My price range is between $20-40, not including the price for shipping. I've added a CD burner to my PC as well as a memory card for my PC, so I have had some experience with modifying a computer.

I would appreciate it if someone here could help me with my problem.

2. Doc Brown

Doc Brown Don't make me make you my hobby

Go to Crucial.com.

They've got the best walkthrough when it comes to determining which memory you need. Their prices are fair, and the memory is trustworthy.

3. Doc Brown

Doc Brown Don't make me make you my hobby

If you google it, in the sub-listing for crucial, you'll see the link to scan your computer.
    They can't make it any easier for you.

4. Kinie

Kinie MY DRILL IS A DRILL TO CREATE THE HEAVENS!

Checked it out, and it did give me some useful info. Thanks.