Upgrading Bios?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by neonwheels, Sep 16, 2004.

1. neonwheels

neonwheels New Member

I'm looking to upgrade the bios (hasn't been done since 1999 :ugh: ).

It's AwardBIOS, which has been acquired by Pheonix.

The system is a PIII 650MHz running XP Pro SP2 with 3 256MB sticks of RAM. I'm looking to begin overclocking (if there is a version of BIOS that is easier than another).

I've found a BIOS upgrading site, but besides calling them (which I might end up doing anyways) I haven't gotten anything else to work. I believe it was www.award-bios.com and it was probably routed to some other site (I forget which one off hand though).

As far as the overclocking process, I've been reading up on Overclockers.com for a while. I basically want to get some experience in before I make my next system (hopefully a AMD64, maybe even FX if I splurge; P4 3.2E if nothing else).

Are there any other sites that would have some more useful information (bios upgrading or overclocking wise)?

Any help is appreciated! :x:

2. rsxm5

rsxm5 OT Supporter

Best thing to do, would be to figure out the manufacturer and model of the motherboard. Usually it will say right on the motherboard, if it is a name brand. If not, it might take quite a bit of research. Go the manufacturer's website, and see if they have an updated BIOS for your particular model.