Upgrade through Sprint?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Mike00, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Mike00

Mike00 New Member

It seems Sprint has a much crappier upgrade system then my old provider cingular has.

I want to upgrade to a Blackberry Pearl and it seemso nly way to even get any money off is to go with a new two year contract (it's been about 1 yr 3 months on old contract).

Is it possible to just buy the phone online or is there some other way to get a decent deal o nthe phone? Right now I fail to see why I should not just pay retail for the phone instead of adding a 2 year agreement to save 75 bucks.

2. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Sure you can pay retail for it on eBay but expect to pay a hell of a lot for it.

3. Mike00

Mike00 New Member

They give you a measly 150 back from upgrading with a 2 year contract.

Seems kind of pointless really.

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

Once you complete your 2yr term with Sprint, they treat you like a new customer when it comes to getting a new handset -- so you could get the Pearl for $199.

However, if you're still in contract, you're not gonna get a very good price. Remember that Sprint gives you a subsidy for signing the contract, and they expect you to stay the entire term to make that subsidy back for them -- they'll give you another subsidy after the term to prevent you switching carriers (no etf when out of contract.... while in contract the etf protects them from loosing-out).

5. Mike00

Mike00 New Member

Sigh See the nice thing about Cingular when I Was with them was about 1.5 years into the contract I could usually do that two year upgrade.

Main issue is I would like to switch over to the pearl as it's much sleeker then my pocket pc and the other thing is it's been dropped a lot and is pretty messed up at the moment.

I guess I Could claim insurance and get one to use until my contract is up in august.