Upgrade MSDN Exchange Server to FULL VERSION Exchange server?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by bacid, Sep 30, 2004.

1. bacid

bacid New Member

i'm currently running windows 2003 & exchange 2003 (MSDN copy) on a test server in my lab, i'm wondering if there is anyway i can upgrade to a full legit version of windows 2003 & exchange 2003 or do i have to rebuild the entire server and install the full versions?

another question, though not related to this one.. is the MSDN versions im using identical to the full version or are there limitations?

thanks

2. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

For windows 2003, it really depends on your license program (retail vs Volume) and what media you used to install (retail vs volume). If they match, should be no biggie, just find one of the tools that allows you to change the product ID. Google around

As for exchange, I think the limitations are in the license key. I think it is the same media for both retail and Volume License. I don't know how to relicense (the product key ) it though. Try google.

The MSDN media is the same as either the Retail or Volume License version (depends on the product, media, and your MSDN level).