updated gym progress pics.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by antihero, Jul 18, 2007.

1. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

2. That looks fucking awesome, keep up the good work. No Homo.

3. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

:cool:

back looks good

4. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

Grats man, lookin good, no homo.

5. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

jesus christ :eek3:

looking good

for some reason i thought you were a little kid :mamoru: boy was I wrong :rofl:

6. Abomb

Abomb New Member

you are a taller version of me :big grin: looking good

7. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Tuck your thumbs in when you do a biceps pose. You shouldn't see the thumb sticking down below your fingers in the fist. Tucking your thumb in this way also lets you bend your wrist down a little farther which lets you contract your forearms a little harder which makes your pic look better.

Don't mean to nit pick. Pics look good.

8. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

please throw any and all advice at me. I'm sure youve seen what passes for symmetry with me, so ill take all the help i can get :rofl:

9. Would you like an entire EDU on posing?

10. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

please.

11. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I would write one but I'm really tired. I'm sure if you google you can find a decent one.

People seem to have the most problems with the 3 following things:

- Keeping their thumbs tucked

- Learning how to spread their lats

- Flexing their calves (for real, it's hard as hell for some reason)

I would include doing a stomach vacuum, too, but I don't think people do those anymore.

Practice in front of the mirror, and take your pic (use a camera with a delay feature or take it as a video and hold each pose for a while so you can go back and edit the vid and take stills from the vid to use as your pics). It's important to see how you actually look instead of how you think you look. Are your elbows up high enough during your front double biceps pose? Are your arms turned back a little? Rotating your arms back even like 5 degrees during a double biceps opens up your rib cage, makes your lat spread bigger, and makes your biceps look bigger. I'd do a before/after here but my camera isn't working and I'm sick and tired.

12. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Hang on I found a pic of mine I can use. Let me upload it.

13. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Here. My arms are small, but this is how you tuck your thumb and correctly pose your arm for a biceps shot:

[​IMG]

14. Takitome

Takitome New Member

Pretty good

15. timeofdeaths

timeofdeaths New Member

antihero, how long have you been going to a gym regularly?

16. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

pics aren't working for me :dunno:

17. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

7 years since i started going, 5 years seriously. I started out at a stick figure.

edit: this encompasses a few years of my life when I was partying nearly every night of the week, and a few snowboard injuries. work full time + college + party every night doesnt really work that well for eating right and getting a good nights sleep.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2007
  18. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

i linked to the f&n thread, not in this thread... they are on putfile.com and seem ok. :dunno:

19. giz

giz Active Member

looks good, but as was said before, you are doing yourself an injustice by incorrectly posing.

20. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

specific tips? i tried what falconer is saying and it definitely does help the forearms. Other mistakes?

21. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

When you do a biceps pose, turn your head and look at your fist: your fist should vertically be in line with your shoulder. When 99% of people do a biceps shot, their fist is IN FRONT of their shoulder (like in line with the top of their foot) instead of ABOVe their shoulder.

Now, I don't mean your fist should be above your shoulder when viewed from the front. That would look goofy. I mean from the side. In order to do this, you will rotate your shoulder back about 5 degrees. It will make a HUGE difference when viewed from the front. Try it in front of the mirror and see what I mean. I'm doing it in the pic I posted in this thread. Rotate your shoulder back so your forearm/fist are directly in line vertically with your upper arm/shoulder and it will make your biceps peak look better, will flare your lat a little bit more, and will make you look bigger and much better overall.

Other than that, you should either be looking forward or looking at one of your muscles. Some people, when hitting a biceps shot, will look at the their biceps. Take a look at how the pros pose and try to get a feel for how they do it. You don't want to be staring off into space, tho. That would look goofy.

22. giz

giz Active Member

In the back double-bi (third shot), it looks like you are leaning your head forward, which displays your traps nicely works against the main goal of the shot - displaying delts, lats, and arms. You are also dropping your arms and slanting them forward. Try to keep your head straight up and your upper arms even across your shoulders (and keep your forearm above your bicep like Falconer mentioned). Also, make a concentrated effort to flare out your lats in this pose.

In the 2nd and 5th shots, your hands are best placed on your hips or higher. Instead of floating them out in the air like you are, you can use your body for leverage to spread your lats even more. A slight bending forward of the upper back is fine.

I'm not sure if it was your intention, but the 4th shot could easily be transformed into a nice most-muscular pose. Simply bend your upper torso forward and bring your arms in a bit. Use it to display traps, delts, pecs, and arms. Also want to keep your abs flexed if at all possible (same goes for first shot, flex as hard as hell while maintaining a smile).

Hope that helps a bit. Posing is hard as hell and simply takes practice (it helps to be grossly hubristic and in love with yourself :rofl:)

Overall, awesome progress though. I even see some lower back development. :coolugh:

23. calisteph6

calisteph6 Active Member

I love tall guys. yay :)

Nice progress, btw.