Update

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by RyeLou, Oct 18, 2006.

1. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I posted in a thread quite a bit and started one of my own. The first one is the one I started and the second is the one I posted in in the Off Topic area.
    http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=2824476
    http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=2825856&page=13

Anyhow, quick and dirty cliffs of the above threads are that I'm fine with everything but initiating the first kiss. However, I hung out with the girl last night and managed to get it done. It certainly wasn't the situation I had planned in my head, but I got it done none the less. OT and a couple guys I work with had me worried about friendzone, haha. I haven't talked to her yet today but hopefully I will later on this evening or tonight. I think I'm clear of friendzone now so hopefully things will progress into the relationship I'd like to have with her. Figured I'd post this for those curious from the other threads.

2. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

Actually it's been a whole day since I've talked to her (which was leaving her house last night) so I'm gettin a bit worried. Every day since we've been hanging out we've talked at least a couple of times throughout the day. Coincidence, I hope.

3. otherlank

otherlank OT Supporter

nice on getting it done...how was her reaction afterwards though?

4. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Field report nukka.

How'd you do it?

5. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

It seemed good to me. I was happier than a pig in shit on the drive home last night. I had already stepped outside so I was instantly wet from the rain and turned around for the kiss but didn't really go back in because I was wet, so she actually had to step forward for it. I made a joke real quick afterwards and she laughed and we said goodnight, I took off running down the street in the rain to my car (which sucked because I seriously parked like 1/4 mile down the street)

6. otherlank

otherlank OT Supporter

If she had to step forward then thats a very good sign...she met you halfway which means she wanted it too. Nice job on the joke too. Don't worry too much yet, shes probably talking to her friends about it, just like you are.

7. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

That's what I figured. I realize I'm probably over-analyzing everything per my norm, but whatever...it's keeping me entertained for the time being. But yeah I was pretty happy about how the step forward thing worked out.

8. Socrates

Socrates New Member

If she usually calls you everyday, then something is probably up. Girls will usually text message you on the drive home, or before you go to bed.

Some women get what is called "buyer's remorse" after hooking up with a guy. That is where the girl gives in to the man, and has sex with him. Afterwards, he does something wrong and makes her regret what she did, and isn't sure how to act around him anymore.

I have a hard time believing that is the case, after only a kiss.

Give her a call tommorrow, set up another date, listen carefully for excuses not to, and if all goes well, escalate the situation from a kiss to whatever you want.

9. otherlank

otherlank OT Supporter

I hope this story just makes you realize that although its hard to get over that first kiss, you basically just have to suck it up and do it. There's no way to do it other than just throwing yourself off the bridge and hoping...

10. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

She usually calls but she isn't the best with phone calls. She'll call at random times leaving work or school or something but she has not called once before when she said she was going to. And text messaging is hit or miss too. One day I'll get 20 and the next I'll get 2 (today was 0) Who knows. You're right though. If I don't hear from her tonight I'll give her a call tomorrow.

I know what buyers remorse is but like you said I can't see it being the case for just a kiss at the end of a night. Espicially with all the green lights I had been getting about everything else.

11. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I know. I won't even lie and say it wasn't extremely difficult for me, but I managed eventually. It didn't happen how I would have liked it, but it happened so things should be easier from here (assuming nothings wrong)

12. otherlank

otherlank OT Supporter

yeah man, its far too early to start worrying...the worst thing you could do now is to smother her within a day. play it cool...i know its hard but just see where it goes over the next couple days. and make sure next time you see her you act the same as you always do. itll freak her out if things are awkward...you want to show her that everything is cool.

13. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

Now that I reread that...in all fairness her and I usually don't go to bed until 2ish or so anyhow. I usually talk to her online on AIM so we'll see what happens. Either way I'll stick with the plan to call if I don't hear from her.

14. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

Oh I know. I won't feel awkward around her or anything like that...I'll be fine with it. I sent her two text messages throughout today and left it at that. I'll call her tomorrow night if I don't hear from her. We both have class until 9pm or so anyhow, so it would be a good time if I haven't heard from her. I can't imagine I wouldn't...but we'll see.

15. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

And she just called. Work was a bitch, some friends called her and she went to the bar with them for a little bit and called me on her way home (good call Socrates)

16. otherlank

otherlank OT Supporter

it sounds like everything has gone great...she called back and nothing is weird.

:dibsonbestmanatwedding:

17. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

Deal. We'll probably have it next Saturday, FYI. haha

We'll see what happens. Still not getting my hopes up for anything quite yet.

18. thrillhouse

thrillhouse New Member

good look kid. this is the best part of any relationship**; enjoy.

*(i mean, any relationship that I have had because I am not in love nor am I married).

19. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

Not sure about the kid thing, but thanks. I agree this is one of the fun parts.

20. Camelot

Camelot New Member

I don't understand why you're waiting for her to call, why can't you call?

21. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

it's just been what we've done. We know each others schedules (for the most part anyhow) so it was like whoever was done later would call on their way home or whenever. My Tuesdays end early and hers do not...I was just being impatient.

Things still seem a little weird for some reason, but who knows. I'm trying my best not to speculate too much and just see what happens.

22. eviltommy

eviltommy is a creep.

i do the same shit all the time. just slap some common sense into yourself and relax. its alright to get excited about her but dont get overexcited because you'll just be overly disappointed if it doenst work out.

and if it doesn't work out you can always send her my way, how close to troy doe she live? :wavey:

23. bimmer318

bimmer318 I'm out of applesauce

im just curious how old you are, cause you seem pretty old.

24. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

20 minutes or so. And I'm trying my best to just relax with this. The thing is it's my first attempt at a relationship since the 2.5 year one I got out of a month and a half or so ago, so I'm going through all this stuff I haven't had to do in quite some time. I'm a newbie all over again

I'll be 23 Wednesday.

25. Camelot

Camelot New Member

Ok, I get you. But I still think that at some point you need to take some initiative and be the one who wears the pants in the relationship. Maybe you can text her first or call her every once in a while before she gets to you. Girls like that stuff, it makes them feel special. one day she may be in her class bored and start thinking "wtf why isn't he doing anything, why do i always have to reach out first?!" just my two cents:)