LGBT Update... v.CoCo

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by CoCo, Aug 31, 2005.

1. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

So I’ve been getting a lot of emails and PMs, asking what’s been up with me recently. The answer is—to respond in clichés—when it rains, it pours. But between my hair, shoes, and clothing, I cannot allow myself to stand here and continue getting drenched…

It’s no secret that I’ve been leading a pretty charmed life. I’ve always been one to go out and get what I want. And although I don’t always take the obvious path, I always reach my goal. But in the last couple of months, I have been tried and tested.

Although I knew that my current contract would expire August 31st, and a revised contract would be in effect starting September 1st, I commissioned a house to be built back in January. By February, plans were cemented and I was paying on a mortgage—and organizing a funeral. So that I’d have a low monthly rate, I dropped 35k in my downpayment. Okay, so I wasn’t as liquid as I felt comfortable being, but millions of people my age live paycheck to paycheck, so whatever. But on top of my mortgage, I was dropping a grand and a half a month for luxury apartment in the best of my surrounding counties.

Quickly, after negotiated terms with my landlord, I bought out my lease, and moved back home with my parents—and arrangement that I hadn’t endured for prolonged periods since before I went to college (even when I got out of college, I only stayed home for 21 days before I moved out). But this was gonna be for 3 and a half months. Interesting. And, with my pouring extra money into a full designer deck in the rear, and ridiculously spectacular paint job, I’m spending up so much money, that I go into hiding and turn off my cell phone (hell, I still have a work cell, and email (but opps, my computer self-destructs)).

At work, I was feeling a little anxiety because (prior to meeting Matt), I had been an overachiever—salaried, yet working 55 hours a week, running one department while starting another, and overall going above and beyond the call of duty. But since Matt, I’d been actually taking my vacation time, doing only my work, and not really doing much beyond. (Of my 2 year contract, 19 months were spent with me at 120%, while 5 months with me at 85% (although completing all of my duties)).

So killing to birds with one stone (my not really wanting to spend time at home AND my wanting to bring in a few last minute clients), I decided to wage an aggressive marketing campaign all over my market (DC, MD, NJ, VA, & WVA). It was very successful, and led me to meet a lot of great people (I’ve posted about it). But the downside of my idea is that the higher ups learned that I’m fabulous by myself…

So I get my new contract on the 16th; I’m scheduled to take possession of my new home on the 21st. Ferron, my best friend, is set to move in with me, and start grad school down the street. So one can imagine how freaked out I was when I read that my recent campaign spurred a reformatting of the marketing department—it’s being dismantled and ‘consultants’ will be contracted (read: me). Yea, I would have the potential to make a lil more money, but that would be with my working 6 days a week, and more hours than I had been. Outraged, and flabbergasted, I refuse to go from Marketing Director to Contract Consultant. Fuck that; I refused to sign the new contracts.

This set me a high alert, prompting meetings with my lawyer, financial planner, and broker. The new plan that they developed for me was for me to flip the house (I got it at phase one, the development is currently selling at phase three, so I’ll sell quickly at phase two). I’ll go ahead and pay the taxes on it the money at the start of next year, but if I do end up securing a new home by the end of next year, I’ll get it back in a refund (better safe than sorry). I’ll need new employment, made more complicated as I have a non-compete clause (and another one I cannot remember right now).

Now, while I was doing all of that legal crap, I was not calling Ferron and informing him of the developments. Between my own worrying and crying on Matt’s shoulder, the phone call to Ferron—who started grad school the following week—simply never took place. So I get a call from him, ready to move in, and opps… I’m a butt, who fucked up. So being as Matt and I were lunching in Dupont when that phone call came through, I get aggressively yelled at by Matt, after getting passively yelled at by Ferron.

So days go by, and I’m mopping around Matt’s place. He’s been trying to get me to move in with him since I decided to get up my place—and I’ve declined, because this is the only monogamous relationship I’ve ever been in, and it’s been working, and I’d rather not rush us so fast that we crash… So early on, I told him that the house was gonna be a CoCo and Ferron thing (at least for the first year or two). And he was cool with that, understanding that we needed to grow naturally. But my crashing with him in my depressed state sparked his interest, and after reading to one another, hitting karaoke bars, watching films together, and my ‘keeping house’, I woke to find a platinum band on my wedding finger—and I freak.

“What the fuck is this?” I yell, jumping out of bed.
    “Huh,” Matt starts, then smiles. “Oh, yea…that. Do you like it?”
    “Where did this come from? I mean, how!”
    “Calm down. I slipped it on while you were sleep. I thou—”
    “—why did you do this? Is this supposed to make me feel better? I don’t want this out of sympathy. We were just talking about not being ready.”
    “Babe,” Matt sooths, placing both hands firming on my head, stilling me. “I’m not saying we’re flying to Canada today. I’m saying that we’re moving toward this.”
    “But my entire life has just turned upside down. Matt, I’m unemployed.”
    “Cochise, I didn’t fall for you because of your money, or your home, or your cooking, or your body, or your clothes, or anything else like that. I fell in love with you, for you.” Matt grabs my hand, and points to the ring. “This is for richer or poorer, babe. I love you with all of the strength in my heart. This symbolizes that I’ll stand with you, put you before everything and everybody. I’ll care for you. Your struggle is mine, your triumphs are my triumphs. Our triumphs. All this ring is saying, is that whatever might come, we’ll face it together. We’ll climb mountains, sail seas, cross deserts.”

All I could do was stare wide-eyed.

“This engagement ring is a work in progress, as are we. It’s still in development, and so are we. We’ve been together for 6 months, and stayed committed to each other. I’m not saying for you to move in tomorrow—since you don’t wanna rush things—but that we need to gradually work toward unifying our physical lives. Because I can spend my life with you.”
    “I love you,” I utter in almost a whisper, before kissing him.

So now I need to get my life back together. I need to do something about this employment thing. I need to put myself on a budget for the second time in my life. I need to fix things with Ferron. I need to talk with my other friends. I need to fucking get another computer. Evaluate my housing situation. Since I don’t how long this work cell will stay on, get my own cell turned back on.

PS: Maybe this is only because we recently watched ‘Relax, It’s Just Sex’, but I sorta had the impulse to hide out and write a novel. I’ve been thinking about it seriously, and already have characters and plots working out… And I know people in the business, who would luv to get some from me that I want distributed by a national publisher. Hmmm

2. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

wow, just...wow.
    I thought my life was hectic.

OK, I probably lead one of the most relaxed lives on this board, but holy shit! If my GF had slipped a ring on my finger and told me that, I would have probably thrown her in the car, driven to the closest beach and proposed right then (her fantasy is to be proposed to on a beach)

You have a good man there CoCo. You are the envy of so many people.
    I'm glad to know that things are working for you. Yes, the job situation sucks. Your friends will forgive you and you will find something that suits you.
    Good going. If that isn't success, I don't know what is.

3. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

Wow! I was just thinking last night while I was on MySpace... "Where's CoCo been?!" Hopefully all goes well for ya! I wish I could find a good man, hell I'd settle for a woman at this point! Ok so not really but it shows how lonely I'm getting.

4. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

Wow, that is one the sweetest things I have ever heard. Congratulations, and good luck on the job hunt.

5. Sonic

Sonic Live every day to the fullest, for yesterday is go

I got lost about 25 lines in, I need Cliff's.:o

6. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

And here I thought switching majors, again, 2 days before classes started was a bit much.

Good luck. :)

7. CoCo

:mamoru:

8. CoCo

Thanks all, but that last bit was just the silver lining of a really bad cloud. The job thing is really getting to me. There were no memo's today announcing my leaving or anything. This is really the strangest thing ever...

9. CoCo

Also, Matt keeps asking me "who's Sam" and "well, who's Chris" because I keep referencing the BBo05 (big breakup of 2005)... I simply don't want to rush things. (Up until recently, ) I've always categorized marriage and cohabitation as lesbianic. So I keep asking him all of these questions.

It's funny because he and I have kinda reversed our perspectives. When I first started dating him, I almost broke up with him because he didn't wanna give me any dick. Like, we dated for over a month without me getting any. I had to leave work, and commute an hour to Ferrons job and spend the day with him trying to convince me why NOT to break up with him. (He had been in a LT relationship that went bad, and he didn't wanna rush things.) Well, now I'm trying to slow things down...now that I've realized that I can stick with monogamy.

10. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

wow, that was a good read :eek3: if all else fails you can sell the rights to that story and force cinemax into making season 6 of QAF :coold: In any case, best of luck :x:

11. CoCo

:mamoru:

12. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

CoCo if this happens you are so gonna make Peter Paige go to lunch with me once. And a role as the butch, repressed, depressed and recently single early 20's guy would be nice too, and best of all I'm cheap :rofl:

13. CoCo

:rofl:

14. coma

coma New Member

Speaking of AWOL members (and since he's your buddy...), what's Taylor up to?:noes:

15. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

:hs:

I've found that, personally, rushing things does not work.

I'm learning to take it slow... Hopefully that will work.

Like you, I'm lesbianic when it comes to relationships. And this new guy I'm dating wants to go slow, and I'm looking forward to the idea...

Here's a pic of him... Isn't he so freaking adorable?

[​IMG]

16. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

:squint: I meant labor wise:squint: Oh hell that makes me sound like a cheap prostitute... :rofl:

17. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

Yes he is! :wavey:

18. CoCo

...he just started back at school. He's fine, but he's not much into OT these days....:mamoru:

19. CoCo

...damn that was quick. :eek3:

20. CoCo

...yes, it does. :rofl:

21. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

Well I meant I would be a cheap actor! :wiggle: :p

22. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

:rofl:

Yeah, it was...

I put a profile up on Yahoo Personals for the hell of it, to see what kind of guys I was going to be in store for when I started dating... and he contacted me and asked me out... so I said "Sure, why not"

But, we're both taking it REALLY slow... He's in college (he's a young'n) and is very focused on doing well. And I'm still getting out of my relatiosnhip. So, we both agree that slow is the best idea.

23. spiffy_badrock

spiffy_badrock I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you.

Oh Dear, do I need to keep you away from James?
    Kidding.
    He's a cutie....:)

24. CoCo

Well, go you! I know how stupid it sounds, but I really looked at your relationship as an ideal for gay coupling. I mean, as someone who has been sowing wild oats forever, seriously dating has never really been in the forefront of my mind. And then Taylor introduced me to this forum, and I found you--with your lesbian relations (hehe). I don't know, but it gave me hope that it can happen. So when this Matt thing happened, I was a lil more open to it, because I saw that it really can work. I don't personally know of any other fags doing the long term thing. So, I'm starting to wonder...

25. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

So they call it "sowing wild oats" now? :p