Update v.2

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by RyeLou, Oct 19, 2006.

1. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I sent her a PM on the forum we're both on earlier yesterday. Not really a big deal, wasn't even really expecting a response. I ended up getting one back and here is the lsat paragraph of it:
    "I really don't have time for too much right now and I hope you understand that. I'm starting to try to apply to law schools and all and that takes a lot of time writing essays and preparing for that. Plus, I let someone talk me into where I'd go for undergrad and I don't plan to do that again. I really need a lot of time to just relax and figure out what I'm going to do next year. "

How should I take that considering everything else that has gone on recently? And no, nothing about any of the above was in the one I sent her, hence why I wasn't expecting a response.

I know she's starting to apply for law school...that definitely wasn't anything new to me. I didn't know someone had talked her into her undergrad school because we've talked about that sort of before and it never came up. Either way, that certainly isn't/wasn't my intention. We've talked about some of the schools she is going to apply to and some of them are out of state and that didn't really bother me. I can pretty much graduate whenever I want (I've had engouh credits for about a year now, but it isn't for a degree I really want) To be honset, if things were going fine I would have no problem either a) moving somewhere else for a while for variety if nothing else or b) possibly staying home and making the drive once in a while. However, I know that would depend largely on her end to as far as how that would go. Seeing as we've hung out a few times now and the first kiss is here and gone, would it be okay to just bring that up and talk about it or do I take that is she doesn't want anything further? I know if that is brought up then the whole cat is out of the bag as far as how we feel and where we see things going. Do I respond to the PM?

:sadwavey:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2006
  2. Vixxen

Vixxen New Member

umm, it sounds like she doesn't want anything further. sorry.

3. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

That just doesn't makes sense with everything else that has happened though. Considering our short past I almost want to just take it as a heads up or an FYI type thing.

But you're probably right. Odds are I'll end up talking to her about it to see what the deal is. Oh well.

4. Vixxen

Vixxen New Member

Oh yeah. You should talk to her anyway. What've you got to lose?

5. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

Nothing at all. I guess I'm just more shocked than anything by this. Figured I'd throw up on here for a few others opinions. Thanks for yours.

6. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I ended up writing her back just now. I sent it and called her real quick too. I knew she was still at work so I just made it short and sweet. Despite how much I over analyze things, I'm really not a person to worry too much about something or let something stress me out. My mind definitely likes to wonder when I'm just sitting around, but normally I'm pretty cool. I told her that I responded to her and she could check it whenever she had some free time. I just wanted to make sure she knew that whatever her reason was for sending the message that I didn't really care and that I appreciated hearing it now rather than later anyhow. She stresses out about some smaller things and I felt the need to tell her not to worry about this one because it wasn't a huge deal. We'll see what happens now, haha.

7. big 1

big 1 New Member

um..maybe im reading this incorrectly, but how can she apply for gradschool without first getting her undergrad degree?? In canada you have to first get an undergraduate degree (bachelors) before you go to gradschool

8. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

She'll be done with her undergrad in December, and applying to law school in the meantime. You take the LSAT and once you get your grades back you're able to apply as well as get scholorship offers. Same idea as taking the ACT or SAT in high school for college.

9. Vixxen

Vixxen New Member

I hope it works out for you

10. jonno

jonno New Member

this is so pathetic

11. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

And why is that?

12. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

She is making excuses, which means she is not interested. If she were at all interested, she'd have said something like "But I am sure we could do dinner some night, or maybe lunch? I'd love to make some time for you. Hey, you could come over and watch TV if you don't mind me studying for a while."

No one is that busy. NO ONE.

When women give you excuses, they are giving you a hint to move on.

13. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I agree, no one is that busy. I know some handle things like law school and LSAT's and fairly high pressure stuff differently, so we'll just have to see. Oh well.

14. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

Well, she responded. I don't feel like posting all of this on here but if a few of you are interested send me a PM.

15. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Welcome to the friendzone. :( Perhaps not the friendzone, but definitely the "This guy isn't getting in my panties" zone.

I haven't read every message you guys have sent back and forth, and i'm not there, so I can't tell you how it happend.

What I can tell you is you cared too much about the outcome with this girl. I know you say that you don't really care, but if you really didn't care, then you wouldn't have been making threads.

Even if you played it smooth and pretended not to care about the outcome, your bodylanguage would have ratted you out. Women can sense body language at least 10x better than men, and it showed.

My advice? Go after 10 girls. After I get back from Camp Pendleton, I have every intention on making a thread of my personal progress, and you'll get an idea on how much easier it is to find a girl you want when you play it as a numbers game, and try more than one.

If I only went for one girl, then I would care too much too. It is only human. It is your only goal, and if you fail, then you failed at the most important thing you were trying for. It's easier to fail when you try multiple times.

I think it was Edison who said "I didn't fail; I found 2,000 ways on how not to make a lightbulb; I only need one to work."

16. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I agree with what you say. I say I don't care but it's clear I do. When my ex and I broke up I told myself I wouldn't get involved with anything until after Christmas. Partly to give myself the time to make sure I was cool with everything and partly because I just didn't want to get into something yet. This one just sort of happened out of no where, which is the way it usually does.

I don't plan on persuing anyone else for the time being, but I'm also not going to just walk away from this situation. Cliffs on the response I got from her was she had a bad night last night and isn't entirely over some things from her past. Not people, but some events that didn't work out so favorable for her. I'm not sure why but I feel like I completely understand where shes coming from.

This definitely isn't friendzone. It's more like she sees potential in me/us and wanted to tell me some of these things now instead of just walking away once she gets freaked out like she has in the past.