SRS Update to my situation v. with link

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by lemacfar, Oct 9, 2007.

1. lemacfar

lemacfar Med/Watch/Headphone/Persian Crew OT Supporter

Heres the original story ... http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=3438794

Now to add to my problems, last week my grandfather got admitted to the hospital under pretty bad conditions...

He originally has prostate cancer that metastasized to the bones... he requires chemo and blood transfusions etc etc..
    Since he is immunocompromized from the chemo, he contracts the Shingles (adult chicken pox), Has a heart attack (2nd major) a few days later( now only has 25% of his heart working) , lung collapses and is on life support... Now his kidney's and liver are starting to fail due to the doctors giving him heparin to unclot the blood cells that apparently started clumping together causing the whole heart attack...

So I've been in the hospital since tuesday at least 8 hours a day watching my grandfather hang by a thread on life support and such...

So luckily today might be his day he actually might be taken life support because he shows significant positive improvement...

Now the fucked up part was ... a few days prior to this I actually called my Ex talking with her... and she told me that she still loved me but she didn't want a relationship at the moment...

So whatever... the part that hurts the most is that she knows very very well how close my grandfather is to me (he was my mentor in life, closer than my father and mother even) and that she also knew she was in the hospital (she is friends with my cousin's) ...

Big fuckstory, I Know...

Yet she still had no decency to call me until 2 days after everything happened... and she found out...

And then it was only one call, then no mroe calls... I honestly don't care how much a person fucked me over... If the persons family got really ill like that... I would have called and acted concerened at the least...

In all... It teaches you about the values of a person, and that overal she never loved me like she said she did... it was a young persons love.. Just words to her, yet to me it meant more... Saying I Love you to someone isn't a phrase.. its more of a commitement...

But whatever, in the end I'm kind of glad I found out what kind of person she really was versus waiting longer to find out...

And the sad thing was that I had many other opportunities to be with other women that were 10X better than her... yet I am a firm believer in faithfulness ... Now I'm left with nothing...

And crazy as it seems, all the whores around me want to hang out with me and be with me... which is definately not what I want...

I'm glad my grandfather is doing better, I pray for him all the time... so hopefully the next I post he will be improving to a point where they can remove him from ICU

2. lemacfar

ok... guess not

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Well they say if misery comes it comes all at once, i hope for you those where the only bad experiences you have to go thru, preventing more would be a good idea. So here's my advice.

Never go into a relationship thinking it will work out and that its special just because it concerns your relationship, reality is that your relationship also can go wrong, and that a woman can pack her bags and leave anyday.

That's why its important to realise that you can love someone, but you don't own them as personal property, so that space of distance is something you could take into consideration before going into one, then if a break up occurs, then you'd be at least a little more prepared for the emotional impact.

Im really glad to hear that your grandfather is doing better. But what if someone dies? You are very emotionally attached to your grandfather, and actually that is your problem in general that you have emotional attachments that are being severed -the one who you love, leaves you, your grandfather almost dying. This hurt and significant scars happen because you take life and loved ones in a wrong perspective, imagine if you died instead of your grandfather today, would you be happy if your family was in tears and sorrow ,unhappy for many years to come because of your death? No you would want them to be happy and make the most of your life. So instead of dying for your loved ones start living for them. Im sure your grandfather and you yourself feel the same about that.

Life sometimes throws you a curveball, and you have to jump in a strange manner to catch it. It requires a change in perspective as wel as how you perceive things. Life you know its like sand in your hand, you cannot hold it and one moment it will all slip away from your hand. In life you win sometimes and you lose sometimes, but even if you lose, there's still an oppertunity to win in the future, new people to meet, experiencing things you've never done before. Stick on a positive course with your life even if things don't always work out that well, As for your broken heart i can only give you the advice, to pick up the pieces of your broken heart, and glue them back together again, giving yourself time and then eventually moving on.

I must remind you that the words 'i love you' can be very shallow, don't listen to what a woman says, look at what the body does, if it goes away from you , she's not interested, if it goes towards you , she's interested. She pretty much didn't give a damn looking towards her actions, i can assure you that's not the type of woman you want to be with.

4. lemacfar

Definately True... I do look at these aspects, and I dont see myself being unhappy for years... I just will remember the many good times with my grandfather and how much he has done to get me to the place I am today, and how good of a person I am today because of him, I can never thank him enough...

Just an update on the situation, They are performing Dialysis right now to help remove the toxins in his body... So far everything is alot better considering they couldn't remove him from life support. Now that he is recieving dialysis , his liver condition has improved, blood pressure is getting higher and hopefully if everything works as planned, he might be able to be removed from the life support...

As far as the women situation goes, it just requires myself to protect my heart and feelings more... and to never expect, as you said, that that relationship will work out...

Thanks for taking the time to really respond to my post btw

5. joWalla

joWalla New Member

First of all, I'm glad your grandpa is doing better and I'll definitely send positive thoughts his way.

I was in a similar dilemma a while ago. My younger brother has Asperger's syndrome and was constantly picked on at school. Well one time he got beat up pretty badly and the school called me to go pick him up. At the time I didnt have a car so I called my boyfriend to give me a lift. When I called him I was hysterically crying and he just didnt care. He told me he was too busy and couldnt take me. I dumped him that day.

I know how shitty it feels when someone that you care about doesnt show support when you're down. It just brings you down even more. You already have your sick grandfather to worry about and she's just adding to the misery. I'm glad you realized that she's not worth it. I say you should go out and have fun and enjoy yourself. I heard Murphy's is a good place to chill in Boca :)

6. lemacfar

actually Mizner Park has become the place to have fun... as far as boca goes...

Yea... I just cant believe how two faced some people can be...

Ohh well, I guess I'll take my uncles advice simply put "next"

Thank god my grandfather doign a little better everyday even after all the odds against him