MMA update: randy vs. ufc.

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Kuet, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Kuet

Kuet New Member

I had no idea randy owned affliction .....i just thought he helped design his own line within the company ....:dunno: now it makes sense why the ufc is trying to ban affliction at their events.
    anyways, the ufc is trying to fine him for fucking CORNERING mike pyle at hardcore fighting championships in canada, which i think is just fucking retarded. Pure bullshit, he is fucking cornering a guy, not like they advertised him as going to be there or anything.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=5641&zoneid=13

2. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

where does it say that he owns affliction?

3. dengar

dengar seans is a afta marchsollwe in his gir! OT Supporter

Seriously. Finish the deal then leave and do whatever you want.

4. Kuet

Kuet New Member

oh he was talking about it like it was his company....
    and yes i agree he signed a contract, but im SURE there are other guys in the ufc that corner other fighters in other orgs. but since randy and them are going through drama they are trying to find a loophole to get him to pay up

5. Kuet

Kuet New Member

i think thats fucking gay

6. they just want to tie him up in court until he's too old to fight for anyone else.

7. Is he really whining about his contract though?

I haven't heard him say anything about why he was leaving aside from his press conference, where he said UFC was paying him great but treating him bad.

Where did this idea that randy claimed he never got a promised signing bonus come from anyway?

8. dengar

He started the bullshit. I think they are set to make his life as miserable as possible until he no longer under contract.

9. dengar

This all started with him bitching about money. He doesn't bring it up anymore because Dana and co. made him look like a total asshole in their response press conference.

10. which is pretty bullshit.

They could have just left randy to sit out the terms of his contract, which is what THEY agreed to as well. But now the UFC is doing all this extra bullshit too, to fuck with him.

If they didn't like the contract, maybe they shouldn't have offered it to him.

11. How did they do that? I watched both press conferences and didn't get that impression.

12. dengar

Who said they don't like it?

They want him in the ring fighting. He sells tickets and sells PPV's why wouldn't they want him under contract. He is the one that negotiated the contract and now does not want to fulfill it.

13. dengar

He said he wasn't making very much money..

They handed out pamphlets full of cleared checks showing everyone how much money didn't make and pointed out that they gave him a solid deal and an immediate title shot after back to back loses at a lower weight class.

14. Kuet

Kuet New Member

in all due fairness to randy- that photoshoot was for affliction, sponsored by bodog since the ufc banned affliction otherwise it would have been them sponsoring the shoot

15. did you watch the press conference? He said exactly how much money he made, and that he wasn't complaining about the amount he was being paid, especially given that others were making so little.

He said he was hurt by fedor getting offered such a huge signing bonus, after Couture had done so much for the UFC, and the UFC lying to him about things.

On top of that, he said there was a bunch of little shit; UFC not doing him small favors when he asked, etc, even when he was one of their biggest talents.

The only difference in what dana and randy said, aside from "he's bad" is that Randy said he got a 500,000 locker room bonus, and no signing bonus, and Dana said he got a 500,000 signing bonus, 250,000 up front, and 250,000 in the locker room.

16. Couture's press conference is still here.

http://www.sherdog.com/videos/videos.asp?v_id=1316

"Everyone's trying to make a big deal about the money. This was never a money issue. It's a prevailing feeling of respect that wasn't being given."

"I have no hard feelings. I feel like the Fertitta's and Dana white have done a great job...."

"I've been taken care of."

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2008
  17. darkjedi

darkjedi Muay Thai expert

that's Penis sword money right there dawg.

18. some of you guys should REALLY watch the actual video of Couture's conference before you talk about it.

19. dengar

Then he showed his contract and indicated that he was making $750k per fight with PPV buys and then Dana shows that he was making around $1.1 and $1.2 million per fight.

Sounds like it had something to do with money.

20. watch the press conference bro.

If couture just wanted more money, he would have just sat out and re-negotiated his contract. He wouldn't have done it this way, because it doesn't make sense.

21. dengar

But if it isn't money what is this really about?

Honestly the dude was on top of the world, making a ton of cash, and the poster boy of the UFC. He is in his mid 40's. Do you think the 20 year old wrestler would have ever thought he would be pulling in this kind of money or be this famous just from fighting?

22. dengar

I think if Randy sat down and tried to renegotiate they would have laughed in his face.

Then he would have been disrespected. He would have gotten the "we gave you a chance you didn't deserve" and "we made you" speech.

23. watch the press conference!

He goes on and on about respect, and little shit. He went to dana and lorenzo and whatnot with his concerns, and they said nothing to him. He doesn't say he wants more money, he wants fedor, and he doesn't think it's right that new guys are getting more money than him.

24. and if he really just wanted more money, he could sit and not fight until his contract ran out, and ask for more money the whole time.

That's what tito, vera, arlovski, etc. all did. This is the first time one has seen this situation, because it's not about the money.