SRS UPDATE: On the old "Dating a friend" Thread

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by killer4605, Dec 13, 2006.

1. killer4605

killer4605 New Member

end of the thread was like this:

So anyways, I ignored the message and she didn't end up going to the party. I ignored that too and talked to her yesterday to give her $20.00 for a football ticket I sold for her... pretty much carried on a conversation as if nothing had ever happened. Today I go to lunch with her friend and she starts asking me "why didn't you answer her message?" "what's up with you and her?"

Then she started disagreeing with her friend's message and saying she shouldn't have questioned herself like that. She pretty much tells me that the girl was asking me to tell her that I think it's stupid not to date because of my ex.

I explain that I didn't reply because I had accepted her decision and though she did ask me what I thought, I didn't want to have to convince her to date me or anything. I wanted it to be her decision.

I've got nothing going on right now so I might give it another shot. Didn't feel much for her before but we'll see.

Plus, if she still doesn't want to date, i've got an ok chick that's been hinting at things the past week.

2. Gregsaidthat

Gregsaidthat "Individuality is the new conformity"

Good luck....but you should go for the ok chick that has been hinting at things as well! PLAY THE FIELD!

3. teo

teo . => ? => !

Why would you date someone you don't feel any interest in?

4. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

Don't let the other person choose. Just because someone WANTS to go out with you doesn't mean that you MUST do it. Do what you feel is right. And if you say there is 0 chemistry between you and her, then why do you have to defend your decision? You made a decision because that's how you felt. That should be the bottom line/end of discussion for things. There are many other people to be interested in. Just because this one isn't it doesn't mean it's the end of the world.

Good luck buddy :p Most of us have the same shit in our lives, just hope you find a good answer to what you're looking for!

5. killer4605

killer4605 New Member

Well, when I wrote it that's how I felt, but when I saw her the other day I did feel a little something when I hugged her goodbye (for christmas break).

I haven't gone after the ok girl because my buddy likes her and the dude would get all pussy hurt if I did anything with her. He's older than me... still a virgin... and lives with his parents. But even still, we're pledge brothers and I wouldn't want to do anything with her unless he was over her. The blonde shot him down a few weeks before she and I started dating and to this day he asks me about the two of us.

6. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

killer4605, you didn't reply. Don't reply or you'll get pulled into the drama undertow.

7. killer4605

killer4605 New Member

Well I didn't reply when I got the message, but I replied today explaining that I hadn't replied before because I accepted what she said.

I figured if I didn't say something, her friend would, and I'm pretty sure I can explain myself better than her friend can remember what I said. And in any case, Erika had asked me why I didn't reply before but I never got the chance to answer her.

If she wants to date, cool. If not, meh. Not stuck on her anyways.