SRS Update on my life

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by michaele36, Apr 3, 2006.

1. michaele36

michaele36 New Member

Well I figured i'd update you guys since i bitch on here so much about my problems.

I've decided college isn't right for me and that I would do much better trying to open a business then work in a coperate enviorment. I'm still EXTREMELY nervous about the future but its becoming a little better since I have some stuff figured out. I'm going to start a petwatching business while I finish up high school and hopefully that goes well:x:

I've been dealing with my deep depression, it still bothers me but its not as bad as it was. I had a really bad night after I quit my job where I wanted to hang my self but since then i've straightened out. I still kind of rather be gone then alive because its easier. But anyway after high school I'm thinking of trying to start a service business like mowing lawns, cleaning windows, painting, something like that because I personally think its a booming business here in florida. I really would like to leave the state but I can live here for free with my parents until I get a business going. I quit my job that I was unhappy at and stoped smoking pot. Now I'm currently looking for a girl friend. Its hard to get out of depression when you lived like this for your whole life but its possible. Thanks for your help and I will update you guys.

:wavey:

2. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

Good for you for making a decision. If you're serious about doing your own business, do yourself a favor and read some books.

I recommend: The E-Myth Revisited because of its easy language and truth.
    It definitely would have saved me years of trial and error.

Find your local small business office and make an appointment to speak to people there about how to get started properly. Keep good records, try to plan carefully, and above all...persist.

3. ebbnflo

ebbnflo REAL- LAOT Hermit

That's great. :)
    You will probably be disappointed pretty quickly when you are actively "looking for a girlfriend". How about just working on doing things that make you happy. New hobbies, creative classes, a sport, or whatever???
    Ya can't rely on another person for your happiness, KWIM?
    That happiness you created for yourself, will draw people to you.

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Push on to achieve your dreams.

5. michaele36

michaele36 New Member

so you dont think its good to look for a girl friend. I just fell i need one to ocupy my time alittle bit and someone to talk to.

6. ebbnflo

Well, it always seems like, when you are looking, ya don't tend to find....not sure precisely why that is. But you can still meet friends and have people to talk to when you meet them while taking up new interests and hobbies that make you happy,(and occupy your time) and SOMETIMES one of those friends will/can eventually turn into that one person you'd like to develop a more romantic relationship with. In any case, doing things you enjoy will help you to know what it take for your to provide yourself fulfillment in life.

:mamoru: I thought it was kinda funny the way you said you need a gf to occupy your time. Like " You are really a really special woman, I want nothing more than to have you occupy my time."
    I'm just teasing you. I know what you meant but I can pretty much guarantee that unless you figure out how to be happy on your own, you won't be happy in a relationship, at least, not for long, you will likely get disenchanted pretty quick.

Edited to add- I have struggled with depression for many many years....geez, probably somewhere around 20-25 years now, and I think it's only been recently that I have started to really come up with effective ways to keep my depression pretty well under control. It's challenging to figure out what works for you. Every one is different and for lots of us, it's a very delicate balance of therapy, behavior modification, support systems, and sometimes medications, to get some relief. Hang in there. Seems like you are moving in the right direction. Give yourself time to get better in small steps.

What things are you doing for your depression?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2006
  7. michaele36

michaele36 New Member

threapy and meds but it still gets really bad at times.

8. ebbnflo

I hear ya.