WEB Update on my landing pages

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by shaitaan, Mar 2, 2010.

1. shaitaan

shaitaan New Member

'sup guys,

By now you're probably sick of hearing me talk about my site. I gotta say though, I wouldn't be far at all if it wasn't for you guys :hsd:

Just wanted to give an update on my landing pages.

Old design:

http://www.netstudio.com/web-banners

new design:

http://dev.netstudio.com/web-banners

As much as I like the 2nd one, I don't think it "screams" that this is a graphics - creation tool. :wtc:

Just wanted to get your high level aesthetic opinion on the layout! There are a lot of dead links on the new dev site right now, so please excuse that :o

2. Tony Stark

Tony Stark John McCain has an illegitimate mexican baby

you need to split the buy now/see price pages.

Right now you have no idea whether the problem is that noone wants to buy...or whether the price is killer.

If you separate the 2 pages, you'll know from the bounce rate, whether or not the problem is in your price point or your actual product.

Aesthetics wise, I'm not sure I like the header...too many shades of blue.

Also "buy securely" doesn't sound English too me.

3. shaitaan

shaitaan New Member

good feedback, thank you :cool:

So; have a bridge page from the buy buttons to see the price before taking them to the shopping cart, correct?

and yeah, the header is huge. and very blue...

4. Tony Stark

yeah, this way you can create a funnel, so you can see the bounce rates for each stage.

homepage - 35% bounce rate = 35% who hate the general design of your site/don't find it interesting
    /buy - 90% bounce rate = 90% people hate your price point.

Then you can do ab testing.

If you lower the price in half...does the bounce rate go down to 80%? Or does it go down to only 83%, and you are better off charging the full amount. Or maybe it goes down to 60%....and you are better off dropping the price, since it makes you money.

If you are selling something for a price, you gotta do ab testing to see what the optimal price for your product is. Who knows...maybe you can get away with charging $299 and making more money. w/o ab testing you'll never know

5. shaitaan

shaitaan New Member

so having the price on the button itself isn't really helping anything, huh? :hs:

6. Tony Stark

Well you aren't losing customers, if that's what you mean.

But having it there doesn't allow you to see why you people are bouncing...is it because of the price....or because of something else? By spreading it out you can focus on that one thing that matters(the price) without taking anything else into the equation

7. Mikenotmike

Mikenotmike

There is a certain irony in you not being able to get a web banner that you're happy with, lol

That being said, I've liked just about every design you've come up with so far almost entirely equally. In this case I like the old one better than the new one.

I also contend that the price is to high still.

8. redna

redna New Member

Just because I'm curious... did you do the designs for your site with your software?

9. shaitaan

shaitaan New Member

10. shaitaan

shaitaan New Member

I'm just never happy with it :( i think it's one of those things that you start falling out of love with when you stare at it every day

11. Mikenotmike

Mikenotmike

Yeah it's like trying to pick a font, after a while the words don't even look like words anymore, and then nothing feels right

12. shaitaan

shaitaan New Member

exactly :hs:

I just need to power through, actually COMPLETE The damn thing, and then refine

13. Normie

Normie The TBW weight loss plan worked for me! OT Supporter

You need to do a few things (IMHO) coming from someone who would be a potential customer.

1.) Clean up your examples. i.e. the coffee bean one the text is jagged, the lambo one you can distinctly see a box around the text on the bottom. there are little "things" that make me think I could do the same thing in paint or photoshop without much trouble, negating the need for another cost in design software.

2.) You need to dumb down the content to your target audience. and make what the software does stand out, It kind of confuses me as to what your software does for me. You kind of have it with your "procedure" but start with a wizard to a complete button/banner/whatever in each step on their description page..

I think those few things would go a long way into helping you gain sales..

14. shaitaan

shaitaan New Member

This is all awesome feedback, thank you :cool:

totally agree, I need to spend a day doing examples :hs:

Could you clarify this part? :hs: I think I know what you're getting at, but...hmm

As retarded as this sounds, I always struggle with how to best present what the damn software does :rofl: it makes simple graphics.....and sometimes, that's hard to explain to my demographic

15. Phasm

Phasm OT Supporter

the second ones header is way too big man...it's taking up like half the fold. There's too much going on, you gotta keep it clean/simple or people are going to get confused and peace. Btw, hit me up on AIM soon I want to contract you for some analytical stuff.

16. Normie

Normie The TBW weight loss plan worked for me! OT Supporter

This is the best way I can explain it..

When you are building new examples (in your software presumably) take a few screenshots, type out how easy it was to do (in steps) and use them as examples of building your examples..

So now, each of your examples have a clickable link with a page that shows exactly how (easily) each example was created.

Going to get long winded from here on out, the first bit was my cliff notes :rofl:

Here is what you have on each of your pages now

(web-buttons, web banners etc.) You have the same exact picture for

create a (whatever) (heres a cropped photo of the interface which really doesn't show me anything

Change the shape another cropped photo, but this is the best pic you have, shows the shapes at least..

Add transparancies, drop shadows another cropped that doesn't get the point across.

What you should have is a page for each (like you do now) web buttons, web banners but you should show each basic step for each function.

Create your button Start with a simple rectangular button, do a screen shot of creating the basic button.

Change it's shape/color Screen shot of the shape and color selection

Add text shot of same button/banner with text in it

Add drop shadows/whatever Same button/banner, same text with drop shadows etc added.

It would add to the flow of the site..