SRS Update: (For Those Who Care)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Drifter87, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

Original: http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=3250523

Work:
    Yes the work sucks, but I am learning it fast and I have started to add to the project (I feel good when I contribute). My Boss understands that this is not really related to my major, but he says I am here to learn and that is what he cares about.

I figure since they understand they are really stretching my skills, understand I am a little slow, the pay is good, I am learning the stuff, and I'm halfway there... I think I will stay. If this was a job I was going to hold for 5 years, I would have started job hunting a few weeks ago or have gotten fired...

Women:
    Current Girl:
    I took a combination of people's advice. I figure I would give it one last shot, if she said no I would drop it and just forget about her. Well she said YES, and we ended up having sex... see this thread for what happened...

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=3274452

Don't worry I got over it, in fact I think I kind of like it now :naughty: and it is now just a funny story to tell people :).

Interestingly enough, she told me she got really heavy into pot. Which I normally don't mind with friends, BUT when it comes to dating and getting physical. For some reason for me it is a major turn off. I went from loving this girl to being "just friends" in 10 seconds when she told me all she does during her free time is get high (This was the next day after sex when we were just talking over breakfast).

This One Girl:
    I got in contact with her, she didn't seem interested at all, so I let it go :hs:

Meeting Girls In General:
    I seem to have a lot of stuff going on and I just don't have time for a relationship. Maybe when I get back to college I will start looking again :dunno:? At college I finally got everything back on track :).

In Short:

I got use to work and they understand that I am not programmer, they are more concerned that I learn as much as possible about the computer industry. The girl I was really into... we went the whole 9 yards, just to find out the next day I am no longer sexually attracted to her because of her drug use. Plus Overall it is seeming like I just don't have time for a relationship.

Overall things have gotten better I would say :)

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Well keep going on the right tracks, and continue to remove harmfull people and harmfull elements out of your life. Its not ok to have a relationship with a drug user, and keep on working on your personal progress in life will continue to benefit you, mastering the skills is just a matter of time and experience, im definitly holding up a green flag for how you live your life now, keep a sharp eye on that you keep the harmfull things out of your life on a continues basis, its your happyness that's at stake afterall, and its worth protecting it.

3. Drifter87

It dawned on me during my first year in college. It is ME who makes ME happy, and if I want to be happy I have to set goal and then take the actions to meet my goals. So far I seem to hit my goals, it is just some times those goals take a good amount of time to complete :o

I also find the initial shock of a situation can be very overwhelming and it does take a few days if not weeks to get my act together. This is why I come to OT or my friends to seek help.

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

:hug: your always welcome here. i've put this
    in the asylum wisdom ,because its simply a true life wisdom and an important consious understanding for life and who you are as a person today.

5. Drifter87

Thank you :)