Update, for those from "back then, kinda..."

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by armond, Jul 14, 2008.

1. armond

armond New Member

Well for those who don't know, Sue and I have been together since December of 05, and have been going strong since. We got engaged December of 07, and are now working ont he next step, Marriage.

We have decided to get married on October 4, 2008. I have to say I find myself extremely anxious and excited to get to that date. :) I can honestly say I have been waiting for this for a long time. I have always been a kind of "family man," in the aspect that I have always wanted one. Now I can get started soon!

But the downside is, I go to the Air Force on the 14th of Oct. We have been thru separation before, I went to Kuwait for 6 months, took R&R, then went back for another 6 months. She has a degree, and can get a decent job if needed. We aren't exactly little kids anymore, both of us being 26 and definitely acting it. I trust her more than anyone right now, and I am sure she feels the same. She is ready to travel with me and pick up our lives and move where the Air Force tells us to. So I say all good signs!

Anywho, just wanted to let those who remember the Sue and I story that things are progressing and moving along nicely. Some pics for the hell of it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh and BTW, any ideas on a good Honeymoon?! Nothing too expensive, something us poor people can afford. LOL! We were thinking cruise to the Bahamas for 5 night or so. Think that price range. :bigthumb:

2. scent of a wookie

scent of a wookie OT Supporter

congratulations, you two look very happy together!

3. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

oh my gosh! :eek3:

i'm sooo excited for you two! :wiggle: yay!!!

4. armond

armond New Member

Thanks you two, LOL! Ya, I am just as excited, well actually more LOL!

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Yay :)

And do the cruise, you'll have an amazing time!

6. armond

armond New Member

That from a good experience? If so where did you go? What type of wallet hurt could I expect? Cruises seem to vary. So what cruiseline and site(if used) would you suggest?

7. iwishyouwerebeer

I went on a 7 day, which personally I think was a better choice than the 5 day because for the extra money (not too much) we had more actual stops and less time on just the boat. We had an unbelieveable 7 days, not a dull moment. I'd say overall with ticket I spent $1000-$1,100 tops.

We can't wait to go on another one. We stopped in Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, and the Cayman Islands

8. armond

armond New Member

Wow, nice! Passport requirements of course, I assume you need em. I have one, but we need to get her one.

Do you remember the name of the company? Cruiseline? So you spent 1100 tops, and that includes everything you did? Or just for the ticket. And this was just your ticket? Sorry, sometimes the intraweb confuses people when things are not specifically asked LOL! Thanks for replying so far though!

9. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

congratulations and good luck on your upcoming marriage :) so nice to hear a happy ending around here.

10. armond

armond New Member

:cool: Thanks, I know a lot of negativity tends to float in the Vag, mostly because people come in here with relationship probs.

Believe me, there are ALWAYS probs in a relationship, just how you work things thru and compromise will give you some insight into the future of said relationship.

11. RougeOgre

RougeOgre FS Librarian and MOD

Congrats to you both!!! Being a military wife isn't easy but it does have its own rewards. I hope she enjoys the adventure. :)

12. iwishyouwerebeer

You know, I brought my passport and the only damn time I needed it was at one port and getting off the freaking ship! But yes, you do need it. Spend the extra money to get hers expedited BTW.

I went on the Carnival Legend. I absolutely loved Carnival. They constantly have fun activities and the entire staff was amazing. My friends went on Norwegian and said it was more for couples and older folks. I spent the $1000+ on the ticket + expeditions in the port and for the stuff we bought on the ships (alcohol mostly). I maybe spent $50 on souvenirs so most of my money went to paying off all the drinks we bought on board and extra fee's they cruiseline tacks on. If you pick your cruise you can choose your expeditions which can also be very pricey.

13. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

Congratulations!

I've been on a few cruises, Royal Caribbean is a younger line, more kids. Princess lines are very good good quality; carnival is good as well, Celebrity is one my mom wants to go on, and is more geared towards adults so that would be a good one to look into too.

You live in Texas, so you might be able to get a state discount? I don't know if you have any cruise ports there like in FL.

If you have AAA, talk to them, or go talk to a travel agent, a GOOD one can get you a FANTASTIC deal, less than 1,000. Plus, if you don't need a room with a balcony, you will save more(we never spent time in the room, so unless you want bfast on the balcony, you dont really need it).

My friends were looking to take a cruise in dec-ish, and found rooms for around 500$. My mom is a cruise FREAK, so if you want, PM me and I can give you some websites where she shops around for good prices on(and are reliable)

You will have a BLAST!

14. armond

armond New Member

Awesome, definitely would like some info!

15. iwishyouwerebeer

Oh also, going on a cruise in the winter is not really a good idea :( I didn't think about that before.

16. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

Why? I've never been, mostly during the spring months, but when I lived in florida, the winter months are beautiful.

17. iwishyouwerebeer

Well Caribbean cruises tend to have very low to no ships going out during September-December since it's considered hurricane season. The tickets are always a hell of a lot cheaper, which would be a plus, but you run a great risk of catching bad weather (defeating the whole purpose of the cruise) :hs:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2008
  18. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:werd:

a couple friends of mine got married, and their honeymoon was in cozumel... they weren't even goin on a cruise. i think they finally got to take their honeymoon after their 1 year anniversary. :wtc: they had a couple run-ins with hurricanes and had to reschedule. :(

:dunno: location and timing are definitely a thing to think about. :sad2:

19. armond

armond New Member

Ya, I see what you all mean, so any suggestions? What about COlorado, what type of pricing is usually involved there? Any experienced people with that?

20. iwishyouwerebeer

That's a good idea! Colorado is beautiful. Find an area that has good ski slopes and maybe try to find a nice hotel in the mountains or cabin. Then you can snowboard and ski during the day!

21. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

My bf and I went out to CO last year, and it was absolutely beautiful. If you're into the outdoors, you should definitely check it out. We saw a lot of beautiful sights out there, just rented a car and drove around the state. I recommend Telluride as a honeymoon spot. Adorable town, beautiful views, and great for skiing in the winter (I hear).

22. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

I loved reading your original thread and updates etc, it was an inspiration basically. With regards the honeymoon, what would it cost to go to say France for a few days as opposed to the Bahamas. Being in Australia I have no idea what the various holiday costs are from the US. A cruise would be amazing, assuming the weather is good enough.

23. jonno

jonno New Member

happy for you man

24. armond

armond New Member

Looking around, but help on the internet is only so "helpful". Does anyone have any recommendations for webpages or companies they went thru for cruises or any type of honeymoons/vacations?

Sat down and went over our budget for the wedding last night, what a stress. Came upon a few snags and things that we needed to add in. Just have to adapt and work thru it, tough choices though.

Damn DJs cost so friggin much, 6 hours can be like friggin $700.00, but my bro has a work buddy who is a DJ who can work it for like $300 he said. But only because he knows my bro.

And to think how much catering will be, ugh, a nightmare. I told Sue not to worry about that so much until we find out how many people we will "actually" be feeding. Right now we know nothing until RSVPs come in and whatnot. Receptions are so friggin costly LOL!

25. moomoo3210

moomoo3210 Active Member

thanks for the update armond.

congrats once again!!