A&P Upcoming road trip: Alabama to NC/Maryland. Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by TtamNedlog, Jun 24, 2007.

1. TtamNedlog

TtamNedlog OT Supporter

I live in Mobile, AL, and I'm going to be taking a road trip soon to visit some friends in Fayetteville, North Carolina, and then onward to visit another friend in Maryland. My Maryland buddy lives about an hour away from DC, so I'll surely be checking that out.

But I've never really taken a road trip before, and I haven't been to any states outside of the southeast mostly. I'll be taking whatever route google maps plans for me, but if there are some sights worth seeing that aren't too far off the path, I'll try and check them out for pics.

What are some things worth seeing in GA, SC, NC, VA, MD? I assume I'll pass through or close to some civil war areas, and some pretty old American cities/colonies/whatnot. Suggestions?

2. Traitor

Traitor New Member

What part of Georgia you passing through?

3. TtamNedlog

TtamNedlog OT Supporter

Should be I-85 straight into Atlanta, then onto I-20 towards South Carolina.

4. Traitor

Traitor New Member

Ahh. Not much to see there

5. TtamNedlog

TtamNedlog OT Supporter

Nothing to see in ATL!??!?!??!

Heh I'm not too surprised. This isn't exactly a tour of the greatest states of America... Aside from DC, I doubt there will be a whole lot worth pointing my camera at.

Oh well, we'll see! Expect results (possibly boring ones) in a few weeks.

6. LifeBurnsFaster

LifeBurnsFaster New Member

7. mandarin orange

mandarin orange OT Supporter

I live in VA/MD and I've been to GA. Lemme try to help

VA/MD there's D.C. ALL sorts of museums in D.C. And they're all free. The National Zoo in D.C. is free.. 3 pandas there too. The National Aquarium in Baltimore, MD is decent.. it's kindda pricey.. like $20-$25. There's also the civil war area in Manassas, Virginia... Plenty of places in D.C.. PLENTY. All the monuments, national arboretum (sp?).. Luray Caverns that is near Skyline drive.. Skyline drive is a long drive around the mountains.. very scenic. There's natural bridge that's near Skyline drive. There's also Great Falls in VA/MD

As far as Georgia.. Atlanta has a CNN headquarters, Coca-Cola factory, and I believe ATL has one of the biggest/best Aquariums around.. never been to the aquarium though. I wanna go.

Lemme konw if you need anymore info about VA/MD.. I travel around here a lot to take pics and stuff

8. Traitor

Traitor New Member

were you looking for tourist stuff or things that cool to take pictures of?

9. TtamNedlog

TtamNedlog OT Supporter

Thanks for the suggestions mandarin.

Traitor, mainly looking for picture stuff which is why I made the thread here, but tourist stuff is cool too. So both, I guess. =)

10. Frank N. Beans

Frank N. Beans I hate BMW's OT Supporter

I live in Durham, NC........about 1 mile off of 85. You aren't going to get to Fayetteville from 85 though, you need 95 for there. I suggest bringing a couple handfuls clips and a few high caliber handguns. Your only photo-op in Fayetteville (aka Fayettenam, aka Nam) will be the drag strip. Its about 2 miles from 95 off of exit 46A, not far from Fort Bragg.

www.fayettevillemotorsportspark.com