COMIC Upcoming Animes! (July Onwards!)

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by zackflavored, Jul 4, 2007.

1. zackflavored

zackflavored KingShit's Post #55!

Made this thread so i can inform you guys of decent looking anime and then you guys can make the threads so i don't have to! :x: You guys can animdb or ANN the titles for pictures and such ;)

Someone needs to bump kiras Zero No Tsukaima and Higurashi 2 threads, coming out THIS WEEK :Run:

Doujin Work - Comedy

Doujin Work follows the life of a young girl named Najimi Osana and her exposure into the doujin world. She was first tempted into becoming a doujin artist after seeing how much one of her friends can make at a convention. Najimi loves to draw, though soon learns contrary to what she expected that this new world is anything but easy. As she attends more conventions and meets more people, Najimi eventually manages to find a group of very interesting friends. These friends already have some experience in the field and help her out along the way so that she can someday make a name for herself creating doujinshi.

Mushi-Uta - Sounds like Darker Than Black?

In the world that Mushi-Uta takes place in, there are insects known as Mushi that eat a person’s dreams, but in exchange grant that person paranormal powers. These people become known as Mushitsuki, and when their dream gets completely eaten, they die. The story here involves a boy who meets a girl that is a runaway from a secret facility where Mushitsuki are held, and how they get involved in a conflict between a government organization and a resistance organization. The plot sounds like it could be interesting, but past that, nothing much about this show gets me really excited. I’ve never even heard of the studio doing the animation production, BEAT FROG, and the director Sakai Kazuo seems fairly untested in that position so far.

Kenko Zenrakei Suieibu Umisho - Swimming Comedy

From mangaka Hattori Mitsuru comes a series about a boy who is the manager of a high school swim club, but he doesn’t like water that’s more than knee-deep, stemming from a mermaid encounter in his childhood. The club gets joined by an energetic girl transferring from Okinawa, and since Hattori Mitsuru’s mangas tend to have an ecchi aspect to them, this girl’s quirks include swimming naked and wearing a swimsuit instead of normal underwear. It’s being worked on by Artland though, and I haven’t been a huge fan of the series they’ve animated.

Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei - Supposedly funny/slice of life

The name for this series comes from the Japanese word for despair and how the main character’s name can be interpreted that way if you write it horizontally instead of vertically. Fittingly, that main character is a very negative teacher and the manga opens up with him trying to hang himself before he gets saved by one of his very positive-attitude student who thinks he was trying to get taller. The manga is full of jokes and gags, and I find it rather appropriate that SHAFT and Shinbou Akiyuki will be working on this series (along with a fairly talented cast including Inoue Marina, Gotou Yuuko, and Nonaka Ai). This probably means that those of you who liked Pani Poni Dash!, Hidamari Sketch, and/or Negima!? have a good chance of enjoying this one too.

Moetan - remember that picture with "i want to fuck your sister"?

Moetan was originally an English language study aid aimed at teaching otaku by using game and animated related phrases. It included gems like “When I fell in love with the her, I thought that the girl was my stepsister. I bet if I had known she was my real sister, I would not have fallen in love with her.” and “My friend found the picture I was hiding, so I tricked him by saying I have a sister that is a primary school student” and “All guys who like small breasts have large ones themselves.” Of course, there’s no guarantee that phrases like those are going to make it into the anime, but I think this show has the potential to be hilarious in so many different ways if executed correctly. Popular voice actress Tamura Yukari will be taking the lead role, and I’ve heard her English isn’t that bad, so I’m quite excited to see this.

ZOMBIE-LOAN - Notsure? ComedyHorrorShinigami

When a human is marked to die, a faint gray line that is invisible to most appears around their neck. As time passes, that ring becomes darker and darker, until it is eventually black, and that person dies. Kita Michiru has an unusual gift, she posses "Shinigami eyes," which allow her to see these rings. When Michiru notices that two of the boys in her Class, Akatsuki Chika and Tachibana Shito not only have rings, but that they're jet black, they reveal to her that they were supposed to die in a tragic accident six months ago. With the help of the Zombie Loan loan office, they were given a second chance at life, they be able to pay for their debt by doing the work of Shinigami and killing malicious zombies. They ask Michiru to assist them with their work. As the story progresses, she finds her everyday life changing dramatically.

Baccano! - Sounds awsome.

Baccano is Italian for noise, but Narita translates it as "stupid commotion." Each of the stories in the series involves several unrelated plots intersecting and crossing each other as events spiral farther and farther out of control. Immortal alchemists, mafia operated speakeasies, and many other elements of pulp fiction mashed together for a world straight out of the movies.

Lastly I cant find a description for this but theres a movie called Kara no Kyoukai (garden of sinners) and its supposed to be fucking amazing (closely related to those of fate/stay night) if anyone hears ANYTHING about this, please do tell.

i cant wait :noes:

and please feel free to add other animes, I just brought out what I think has a chance to be really good

lastly ap13 is a douchebag for making me post pictures :o

Last edited: Jul 4, 2007
  2. 触手強姦姫 ap13

触手強姦姫 ap13 ………Anime Crew For Life!……… ……………………O Wait………………… …

to lazy to read... and no pics...

3. doc1004

doc1004 New Member

ZOMBIE-LOAN and Baccano! sound interesting. Thanks for the info.

4. zackflavored

zackflavored KingShit's Post #55!

you illiterate cunt. :squint:

ill add pictures later btw just too lazy now