"unusual" traits that you have.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by THoC, Aug 23, 2009.

1. THoC

THoC New Member

the guy's thread about not sleeping at his girl's house made me think of this.

i like to think of myself as a guy that has a lot of upside to offer in a relationship. however, i will also be the first to admit that i have some unsual things about me.
    some that i wonder how a girl dating me would not be extremely annoyed by it.

the obvious one is that i cannot sleep over. never, and i mean NEVER, have i spent an entire night at a girl's place. i may stay late. wait for them to sleep, and then leave. they either stay at my place or oh well.
    once i drove to st pete. hung out w. my ex who lives there and some friends. when we were done i went home. i had never even seen her place after 2 months of dating. she broke up w. me the next day. :mamoru:

i listen to music to fall asleep. i have a hard time falling asleep other wise.
    the kicker? i listen to metal. im talking behemoth, amon amorth, at the gates type of metal.
    i did this first time this girl i was dating spent the night. she looked at me like :ugh:. the next morning she told me "next time i spend the night you cannot play that shit". i broke up w. her later that day.
    my current gf actually puts up w. it. i have no idea how. i was even ready to compromise and pop in some thrice or deftones but she said it was fine.

(I dont think this one is TOO bad) i HATE girls that do not wake up when the alarm first goes off. not bc i care if they do it on their own. but bc everytime they hit snooze it wakes me up again. i dated a girl who did this. i didnt say anything day one. day two i explanied to her that i do not feel like waking up every 10 min for the next 45min bc she wont wake up. third day i broke up w. her.

my dog sleeps w. me. he's a frenchbulldog. he likes to cuddle at my hip and snores a little.
    a girl i was not dating but came over to spend the night asked me to remove him. i gave her the option of sleeping on the couch or me driving her home since she was drunk.
    i drove her home and we never spoke again. :mamoru:

2. Deborah

Deborah Seeing is believing, but I don't want to know.

I would never date someone like you:dunno: I don't have any weird habit that I can't live without I think and people who do would irritate me. The fact that you can't get over some of your trivial habits because of your girl would be a deal breaker to me.

3. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

I have unusual traits but I don't have any behavioral dogmas like that.

Left to my own devices I might be nocturnal. Add a job and I sleep at 10:00 p.m. Add a home I love and I push it to 1 a.m. In other words, my "rules" are just reactions to my environment. There is nothing to enforce.

4. THoC

THoC New Member

if i cared enough about the girl i would. w. my current gf i would but:

1. we live together.
    2. she does not mind the music.
    3. she loves the dog and likes him near her as well.

5. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

:werd: the ONLY habits I have that I can't change have to do with medication and how/what I eat. Those are a direct correlation to my health and if anyone I date can't live with that, I have absolutely NO use for them whatsoever. It's just that simple.

Otherwise, I'm fairly flexible within reason.

6. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Damn dude. You are hot, in Tampa AND have a french bulldog?

inforlater

7. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

But that's fine that he has these, and the fact that you can't put up with them is fine. It means you aren't for each other. And it lets him weed out all the girls he doesn't want, and he eventually finds one he is compatible with.

I've had a guy that listened to heavy music like that too, and it was too much to fall asleep too.

8. iwishyouwerebeer

I also go batshit insane when someone hits the snooze :rofl: When I first met my now fiance he was a chronic snooze-hitter. He would hit it literally 5 times every morning and now has it down to 1, which is unbelievable. I unfortunately am a light sleeper, so the second I hear something I'm up for good.

I have OCD. I really don't even have to go into detail about what bothers me, because really almost everything bothers me until I fix it the way I need it :mamoru: So let's just say every other guy was too dirty for me.

I hate people who sneeze more than once. I also hate if it's a really loud obnoxious sneeze. I have no idea why that is, but when I hear that second sneeze I genuinely get annoyed.

When an SO asks me to repeat whatever I just said, I refuse out of annoyance.

I almost never have lights on. I love being shrouded in darkness :hs:

I'm sure I can think of more...

9. Deborah

Deborah Seeing is believing, but I don't want to know.

Compatibility is not about liking or wanting to put up with every little trait that the other person has. There always has to be some kind of compromise. Imagine he could find a girl that he could have amazing chemistry and all with and he would reject her just because she liked him to go to her place once in a while, how stupid is that? I don't think compatibility means having agreement on every little thing or willing to put up with all the traits of the other person.

10. Havsie

Havsie When I die, bury me inside the Pepsi 1893 store OT Supporter

god damn, i would walk out if i was a girl staying with you :bowrofl:

11. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

If it feels like a compromise it's an incompatibility. Compatible is when it feels obvious and natural. With one person, e.g., long commutes feel like a sacrifice. With another they just feel normal, like nothing.

12. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

:rofl: We would never get along because I can't hear shit.

13. iwishyouwerebeer

Aww, what do you mean? Your hearing is bad? I mean that's completely acceptable.

It's the hearing-abled who don't pay attention that piss me off.

14. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

Shooting and race cars in highschool without hearing protection. I'm not deaf but it definitely isn't 100%.

15. iwishyouwerebeer

:eek3: Wow, didn't know :mamoru: But still, that's understandable.

16. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: i totally feel [and can relate with] for your now ex gf.

:o i am horrible when it comes to getting up in the mornings. i almost always set at least 10 alarms between 7-10 minutes apart. :hsughno: for some reason, i don't hear them, or i instinctively turn them off without waking up.

in regards to the topic, i'm gonna have to think about this. i'm pretty sure i have some, but at the moment i can't think of any "unusual traits."

17. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

I have some quirks definitely need to think about it

18. THoC

THoC New Member

i feel ya on this one. its not a must but it is something girls find weird about me.
    i normally have all the blinds closed and curtains pulled. all lights off. then when my gf comes home the curtains get opened. haha.

19. iwishyouwerebeer

:mamoru: Yeah, I also can't have the air hotter than 74 degrees.

I remember actually feeling pure joy when I first told my SO about those two particular quirks and he said "no problem with me!"

20. THoC

THoC New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. iwishyouwerebeer

omg omg omg, do you ever take him to the dog park!?!

22. THoC

THoC New Member

ive taken him to the one in seffner a few times. but he's a little wimp and all the little dogs gang up on him.

when i take him to the big dog side they either trample him or he annoys the older big dogs to death. lol

23. iwishyouwerebeer

Oh man I hate that Seffner one too! I always take mine to the Davis Island one with the beach area, or there's a really cool one right by Busch Gardens I just found out about.

My pug is a total wuss and stays at my feet the whole damn time :rofl: still have to take my Shiba out though because he loves to play.

/thread derail

24. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

:nono:

25. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

I set 3 alarms 5-10 minutes apart every morning.

I hate it when a guy I'm dating argues with my opinion, insists his is the correct one, and tries to rub it in my face. A little debate and disagreement if fun, but it's called an opinion for a reason.

I need complete silence when I'm trying to fall asleep. And please don't try to cuddle with me when I'm trying to sleep.

If I'm not wearing a night gown to bed, my top and bottoms have to match. And my hair has to look nice. :rofl: