Unprotected Sex - The real dangers?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Mallix, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Mallix

Mallix New Member

Ok, let me start this post with a little preface. First, I am not here looking for anyone to lecture me. I am also not trying to piss anyone off with this post, and I am not a prejudiced person. I am 36 years old, and have used comdoms for well over 20 years.

I can't stand them any longer. I cannot get off while having intercourse while wearning a condom. Please don't think I am trying to "brag" at all, but I can literally fuck for an hour and get bored of it. I've had women get tired and I've even faked my own orgasm. I'm through with all that. My number one concern was unwanted pregnancy. So, I got a vascetomy. Pregnancy is no longer anything I am worried about.

Now, on too my questions and concerns. I am divorced, and "dating" again. Ok, dating might be pushing things, I'm more of a promiscous, fun loving, enjoying being single again type of guy.

I get myself tested on a regular basis, and I am drug and disease free. So then, what are my REAL chances of contracting something from someone if I'm out there having unprotected sex?

Here's where I don't want to piss anyone off, but I know from reading all over the internet that some diseases tend to be more prevelant with certain ethnic groups, and / or different sexual preferences, and / or drug use.

I am a white male, 100% heterosexual, and only sleep with white women. I consider myself to be in the middle class, and live in Rural Texas.

How many people out there are really infected with diseases and passing them around? I don't use drugs, and at least ask my partners about any drug use. I don't think anyone that wasn't "clean" would be sleeping with me without forcing me to use a condom either. Am I throwing caution to the wind, or am I living with "acceptable" risk?

Finally, I know that most OTers are younger than me, hell, I could be some of your dad's. What I am looking for is real data and statistics. Anyone have anything to share?

2. DSAzeppelin

DSAzeppelin New Member

only actual statistic I know is that there are 15.3 million new cases of STD's per year.

I personally am not going to play around with unprotected sex. Too many young adults my age sleeping around for me to even risk it.

3. Mallix

Mallix New Member

In the US? Worldwide? out of how many couples having sex?

4. DSAzeppelin

DSAzeppelin New Member

"Sexually transmitted diseases are widespread in the United States. More than 65 million people—nearly one-quarter of the US population—are currently living with a lifelong STD. An additional 15 million people become infected with one or more STDs each year, roughly half of whom contract lifelong infections."

-Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Tracking the Hidden Epidemics: Trends in STDs in the United States. Atlanta, GA: US Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2000.

5. DSAzeppelin

DSAzeppelin New Member

google is your friend

edit....and to think...that is study from 2000...add another 6 years onto it. That many people with STD's kind of scares me :noes:

6. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

if you aren't willing to do condoms, your best bet is a long-term relationship with someone you are very physically attracted to

based on what was posted above, you should probably wrap it up

i doubt i will ever use a condom again. they suck!

7. fray

fray New Member

This in all reality makes little difference. Yes, certain diseases are more common in certain populations, but anyone can get just about anything. Just because she's white or she looks healthy doesn't mean she is. A lot of diseases show no symptoms, especially in the male, but also in the female. HPV, Herpes, and HIV are not curable. >50% (I think it might've been closer to 80%) of sexually active people have HPV, most don't know it. You'll still pass that along to any women you are with, even if it doesn't affect you (although the wart causing strain can)...being recently divorced, not sure what your current feelings on women are, but you have the potential to cause cervical cancer in multiple women if you help spread this around.

Have you tried different condoms? Crown condoms are awesome, lamb skin are supposed to be good...put some lube inside of the condom. If you're planning on sleeping around, you're taking a big risk, even if you think it's with a "safe" group. And getting tested only goes so far. If you get something and it's not curable, shit lot of good the testing did....

8. fray

fray New Member

Also, hepatitis C (and maybe B? too lazy to look it up right now) is also sexually transmittable.

9. enfiniti

enfiniti How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

i did this shit with my girlfrind of 2 years...

long story short... she cheated

i got teh warts

FTL

10. fray

fray New Member

11. poweraid

poweraid OT Supporter

lol definitely FTL that sucks man

12. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

All those college educated women were freshman in college once. it sucks, but you really should wrap it up. There are plenty of diseases that really suck that have a low enough transmission rate that people will play with fire and not tell you.

yeah, sometimes it happens and you should just enjoy it and not worry, but i really cant justify making it a matter of practice to avoid condoms.

I get a little freaked out when 1 night stands or flings suggest not using a condom, and i would expect you to run into that more so as women are typically more cautious.

13. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

lambskin doesnt make any sense, it only prevent pregnancy, not disease and this guy is snipped.

14. fray

fray New Member

thought all but hiv...biggie, yes...but better than nothing at all.

I've never used them myself, so my info is low!

edit: looked it up. pregnancy only! (not that i doubted you! :p) ... no lambskin then. latex condoms. crowns are great!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2006
  15. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

I am 37 years old, and have been with about 15 partners, and done a few threesomes/foursomes.

The only time I caught an STD is when my 18 year old GF cheated on my with 12 guys when I was in highschool.

That's my statistic. Do with it as you will.

16. Sionell89

Sionell89 I grew up when I wasn't looking

Poco, I didn't know you were an old fart like me.... :wiggle:

Mallix, I had done some research on this topic a couple of years ago. Unfortuantely, I can't find the link to the study that indicated that the third highest growing population for HIV in the US was the older sect, 50+. Because they figured "who in my circle could possible have it?" And they found out the hard way.

I'll keep looking for the article, but I do recall that there was a statistical population on it. Not exactly your demographic, but close enough in attitude.

17. z284pwr

z284pwr OT Supporter

It's either 1 in 3 or 1 in 6 people that sleep around and having unprotected sex will get genital herpes.

18. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

HFS!!! what a slut!!

19. Ryuu Murakami

Ryuu Murakami New Member

In all honesty, statistics don't matter once you get an STD, do they? Your chances of contracting something may be small, but many STDs are gifts that just keep on giving for the rest of your life. I'm not really sure it's worth the risk, even if your chances of getting something are small, it only takes one screwup

20. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Yeah, tell me about it. :rolleyes: My first GF, when I was young and stupid and blind in love. I saw all the signs but didn't recognize any of them. Now I can tell before they happen.

She ended up leading some guy on at a party and got raped. Kind of ended her "slut" phase.

I fucked her younger sister a few years later. Good enough payback for me. :naughty:

21. kdizzle59

kdizzle59 New Member

well i have been amazingly lucky and i thank god everyday i dont have anytthing. out of 15 girls i have had sex with i have only used a condom with 3. and i have been checked and i am clean and i have donated semen and im clean so i do know for a fact. now i have a gf i dont use protection, and the only thing i am worried about it unwanted pregnancy but she is on the shot so hopefully that wont happen

22. Keir

Keir New Member

IMO, you shouldn't take even the smallest risk. Sure being promiscuous can be fun and exciting but is the risk of landing yourself with a burden like that for life really worth that short spurt of pleasure? I've tried being single and sleazy and it really wasn't my thing. I get more from deeper, more intimate relationships so all i need to worry about is unwanted pregnancies.
    If you're gonna give up using the condom you'll need a lot of luck not to catch something nasty. Chookas to you!

23. guiltybystand3r

guiltybystand3r On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for e

So basically by the year 2050 almost 2/3 of America will have some life long STD :nono:

24. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

You should also be careful who you get head from, if a woman has cold sores then she can give you genital herpes.

25. DSAzeppelin

DSAzeppelin New Member

Herpes I'd assume is the most common regarding that. You can have it your entire life and not even know it if you never have a breakout.

and I'm not the one who did the study, just looked it up :dunno: