SRS unmotivated..

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Nomad, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

hey this is my first time making a thread in the asylum....

lately i just seem to be unmotivated to do anything. by that i mean, i don't feel like going to the gym anymore, i don't want to study the stuff i should be studying, and even when i'm doing something i normally consider "fun" it just doesn't seem like fun anymore. its all just becoming so mundane and less fun with each time.

take for example, i want to go to brazil, so i've been studying portuguese for a while, and now lately....i just don't feel like studying it.

as well as i'm studying to take CLEP exams this fall, on two subjects that interest me (western civ, & marketing) but again, nothing i do/tell myself makes me want to bother with it.

even work is no fun, and i sort of have an extremely easy/fun job. i help run events for high school/college students in my area. and even then, its no fun.

i find myself asking, what's the point anymore? why do i have to worry about a stupid western civ class? how is it ever going to help?

and for another thing my social circle has diminished greatly, i'm home for the summer outside of the US so the likelyhood of seeing any of my fraternity brothers or friends from college is extremely small.

is this normal? am i just jaded from everything right now? any advice as to how to deal with it/get around these feelings?

2. saabguy

saabguy Active Member

You're just in a rut. Maybe get a list going of everything you should be doing so you can see it all in front of you and can cross it off when you finish. Also, "act with the ends in mind." meaning, figure out what your ultimate goals are, and everything you do, even the little things, should be done for the purpose of achieving those end goals. Kind of a big-picture view that makes those small boring things not so boring and "meaningless."

Hang in there

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Well i think its best to catch up with your family and social circle, put on an agenda in which you confirm yourself of contacting them from time to time. And don't let it up, i think you're basically in need of something refreshing in your life, and in need of being with family and friends. I wouldn't underestimate your personal need to socialize. So do call , and step towards the people (take initiative) because they won't simply make an effort to call or contact you.

4. JBunni

JBunni New Member

I wish I had some really good advice for you. Truth is, I've been feeling very similar lately. I hope you find something to get you boosted again.