SRS Unmotivated/lazy.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by burritosupreme, Oct 24, 2009.

1. burritosupreme

burritosupreme Suck on this!

So i admit, im lazy. I love sleeping (10 hours a day at least), and just watching tv. I love dreams and cant get enough of it whether its good or bad!

I also like smoking (as you can tell) and drinking a bit... but not much, just like 2-3 beers.

Im enrolled in college to be a HVAC (air conditioning) Tech but its hard keeping focus. I just dont like or even hate reading about something im really not interested in, but i force myself to before a test or mid terms and actually get a good grade. But it feels like i proscanate and its really torture reading the textbook.. i have to to read because i'm not a good listener at all (i beleive i have ADD, not kidding), and most of the time just day dreaming or drawing pictures during lectures. And thats life in general.. i just cant listen for shit.. i get side tracked and bored!

Any suggestions?

2. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

Start focusing and stop procrastinating

3. djshotglass

djshotglass New Member

step number one would be stop smoking, but you're not going to do that are you?

weed takes away all my motivation :(

4. CodeX

CodeX Guest

:bowdown:

Reminds me of that southpark where everyone was being diagnosed with ADD, that doctors "revolutionary new treatment"... SIT DOWN AND DO YOUR WORK /SLAP :rofl:

To the OP, if you know you are like this, and you know it could end up being a problem, just stop being like that... if you are in control of your own motor functions then it boils down to willpower. Maybe do some regular exercises to increase your willpower, try standing perfectly still for 10 minutes, focusing your thoughts on a single point in the room, and not letting your mind wander.

5. burritosupreme

I dont know man.. even in a conversation with people, sometimes im not even listening and just nodding and going "uh huh", especially if they keep going on and on.

I try to listen, but i can only listen for like 5 minutes which seems like forever and then my mind starts wandering off somewhere else. Then i start to listen again but missed a good chunk of it and dont know whats going on anymore.

And no, im not high all the time.

6. burritosupreme

Im not a huge pothead but i go on binges. If i have pot, i will want to smoke all day or at least all night. But if i dont, im fine. I admit, last week i was high all the time but havent smoked since thursday and dont plan on getting more.

No, im probably not going to quit smoking, but i will cut back on it.. maybe just get a 20 sack for the weekend and thats it.

7. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

stop smoking. It will take at least a month before your attention span is able to come back.

8. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

this won't help you. When I quit smoking, it took about a month and a half before my thought processes returned to their usual speed, and my attention stopped driving constantly.