Unlocking Cell Phones

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 3l_Chupacabra, Jan 23, 2006.

1. 3l_Chupacabra

3l_Chupacabra New Member

Would anyone here be able to assist me in unlocking a samsung x427m that is locked into cingular? I got it over ebay to replace my current ATT x426 that broke thinking that since ATT and cingular are the same network now I'd be just fine switching the SIM cards. You'd think that, but you'd be wrong. I went to the nearest cingular store even to ask them if they could assist me in switching the SIM since both phones were indeed in their network, but no they can't.

Any help would seriously be appreciated :bowdown:... I'd like to have a working phone sometime soon without buying another.

and before the comments come, yes I know both phones are pieces of shit, but they make calls and don't cost a lot, so they are good for a college student.

2. thezak

thezak New Member

what you need to do is be very persistent with cingular, and ask them to unlock it. i went through this same thing with a treo650, and after couple weeks of trying to get it to work with my att sim, i found out that if i just told them i have had the phone for 90 days and i would like the unlock code, they had to give it to me.

any cingular rep that tells you it cant be done is a liar, and you should ask to talk to the manager.

fuck cingular.

3. zennoodle

zennoodle ...hmm must've misplaced my socks

I can unlock it. :) well, with a cable that is.

4. marauder

marauder New Member

contact a trusted unlocker that has a cable to flash the firmware.