SRS Unhealthy obsessions

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Mcgovlau, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Mcgovlau

Mcgovlau Лоз Боз

Got any?

I do. I have a ridiculously unhealthy obsession with Mr. Jim Morrison. I've always known that I have the same hair texture as him and now that my hair is a tad shorter it looks JUST like his except my hair is red. :rofl:I'm making fashion choices in order to CHANNEL Jim Morrison now.

I've always attempted to channel him before by playing his music religiously on my piano...but now it's ever better. I'm going to take pictures imitating his signature pictures (No I won't do the topless thing haha, but I will do that pose).

I have been considering getting a tattoo in homage to him as well. It's a lizard with a crown and on the lizards belly is jim's portrait. (it's a very small tattoo, not as huge as it sounds).

I carry a purse with his face on it for god's sake.

I stole a book of his poetry from the library.

I hate his girlfriend for having his love.

I have an UNHEALTHY obsession.

2. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

I think that there is a little bit of Jim in me so I know how you feel about Jim.

3. Atlantic

Atlantic New Member

So you're the Jim Morrison lookalike I saw on the T today :mamoru2:

But seriously, I think I have an unhealthy obsession of ramen noodles. The sodium will probably kill me someday.

4. Mcgovlau

Mcgovlau Лоз Боз

Oh god ramen noodles. I could live off of them :$. Sadly I didn't go on the T today...sorry.

What flavor ramen do you eat? I'm a chicken type o person. Do you eat it with the broth or do you drain the noodles?

5. Darth_Kelly

Darth_Kelly Morality is the herd-instinct in the individual.

It sounds silly but I have an unhealthy obsession with contained beverages. I have to have someone drink out of the container before I can. If no one is around to do so, I kind of panic.

6. Atlantic

Atlantic New Member

Oh, yeah, it has to be the chicken. I drain about 95% of the broth, which allows each noodle to be appropriately bathed in the broth which allows for maximum spreading of the seasoning.

I got it down to a science, sadly.

7. Mcgovlau

Mcgovlau Лоз Боз

Atlantic I think I love you hahahaha. I eat it with all the broth, but hey!

8. Atlantic

Atlantic New Member

All the broth? :coolugh:

9. Mcgovlau

Mcgovlau Лоз Боз

Innuendos aren't le cute. ALL the lush sodium-filled broth.

10. OccamvanRijn

OccamvanRijn I am not what I am

I have a sort of reverse disorder; I am nearly compelled to drink any beverage I see. Can of soda on my kitchen counter? That's getting drunk. Lukewarm coffee sitting out in a public area? Hey, they're not coming back for it! Bottle of Gatorade, half finished, sitting outside? It's probably not THAT infected.

I just have a problem in general with taking free things, and I count things sitting out in public as "free"... I could probably get pretty sick, I suppose.

11. Mcgovlau

Mcgovlau Лоз Боз

Ergh..You could probably get really sick from that dear.

12. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

I lose sleep thinking about the possibility that my Miata will overheat on the track when I get the build completed with all the parts that are in my garage.

13. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

I hate CAR nightmares :wtc: A few weeks before my Neon died for a final time (it blew 2 motors on me) I had a dream that I was driving along when the oil light came on, and then the car lost power and silently died in the middle of the road. I woke up startled and ended up waking up my husband in the process. He told me I think/worry about the car too much. Well sure enough 3 weeks later it really did happen...in the middle of rush hour traffic :wtc:. The only difference between the dream and the real thing was in the dream it happened at night, after sundown :hs:

As for my obsessions, I don't think I have any that are considered unhealthy, but I have been losing sleep lately over thinking about life and where I am going. the last month or so I've been REALLY sick of my everyday routine....go to work, come home, pay bills, clean, rinse, repeat. Some days I wonder if there's anything else to look forward to from here on out. Unfortunately due to things like house and car payments, just taking off and randomly going somewhere exotic is out of the question. We do have a side business that is growing slowly but surely, and I am hoping that may someday be our ticket to NOT having to work for others someday :x: I guess I am just being grumpy because I have been burning the candle at both ends for many months and just want to go away on an adventure somewhere. But no, I am not gonna charge such a thing to a credit card for the hell of it.

14. CaiWooBlue

CaiWooBlue New Member

Anyone with obsessions in this thread, have you ever researched OCD? It doesnt always manifest in the "normal" way. Counting, hand washing, cleaning, etc.

An OCD related obsession is any obsession that takes over your lilfe to the point where it is hard to get other things done AND you realize that the obsession is pointless/meaningless/silly. The latter is the biggest difference between OCD and various types of schizophrenia.

If you feel like your obsessions are causing problems in everyday life, talk to your doctor.

I have OCD, it manifests in various ways, and those ways change at times. Anyone can PM or IM me if they would like to take about it.

15. Ghost of Swayze

Ghost of Swayze Ofcourse you mad

Thats some crazy OCD right there...:rofl:..Do you do this around your firends and co-workers? Are they aware of the problem?

16. Mangina

Mangina New Member

Water. I drink too much of it.

17. Exiled

Exiled New Member

I like to eat too much candy and junk food

18. CaiWooBlue

CaiWooBlue New Member

one of my weird paranoias is a fear of water, unless im using it to clean with.

19. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

Fucking :werd:

Im afraid my boost gauge is going to drop to 0 in the middle of a 5th to 6th :o(..

Nothing seriously obsessive, though...

20. hbrown023

hbrown023 New Member

That's a pretty awesome obsession. Wish I could say the same.

21. Mangina

Mangina New Member

Better than a coke addiction I guess.

22. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

:rofl:

23. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

When I was young, starting from when I was about 4 I had an obession with horses. When I was in grade school I got in trouble for drawing horses all over my school work, reports, even my textbooks :rofl: When I was 9 my parents made a deal with me - they'd send me for riding lessons if I could leave the horses off my school stuff. Then they bought me The Black Stallion on VHS. I used to watch it 2-3x a day on school breaks and at least 3-4 a week at all other times. When the tape finally died after 2 years they didn't replace it :hs: I still think about horses all the time and hope to have them in my life again when money allows. At least now it's limited to fleeting thoughts once every few weeks rather than a constant thing.

24. OccamvanRijn

OccamvanRijn I am not what I am

It's not that I feel compelled to drink, it's that I find it a cheerful and welcome thought to see it. Like finding a thing of OJ in your fridge you had forgotten was there. It's like "Oh, hey, free Gatorade! YES!"

And yeah, the more observant of them have seen/caught me:

"Is... Is that my coffee?"
    "Yeah, yeah I guess it is. Sorry, thought you were done."
    "I was..."
    "..."
    "..."

25. Cronin

Cronin New Member

I like JM