GUN unethical dick shooter

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Nov 2, 2008.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Home Intrusion Suspect Shot In Groin Was Art Student, Police Say
    http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/17868288/detail.html

PITTSBURGH -- A 77-year-old woman shot an intoxicated art student who mistakenly entered her Pittsburgh home, police said.

Police said the 19-year-old Art Institute of Pittsburgh student got into the woman's home around 12:30 a.m. Saturday in the city's Hill District. The student's entry set off an alarm, prompting the woman to retrieve a .38-caliber revolver.

Police said the woman pointed the weapon at the student and told him to leave.

"The homeowner discovered this individual, he was intoxicated. She asked him to leave the house and he started to walk up the steps and he was shot," Pittsburgh police Sgt. Robert Miller said.

The man, shot in the groin, was taken to UPMC Mercy for treatment of injuries that were not considered life-threatening. The woman was not injured.

Neighbors along Protectory Place in the Crawford Square neighborhood said they believe the woman was just protecting herself.

"The person was at the wrong place at the wrong time, and that's how I would have reacted," a neighbor who knows the woman and asked not to be identified. "I don't blame the individual for what they've done because it's bad out here, especially when it comes to elderly people. They see so much on TV that they react before they think."

"You have the right to defend your home. An intruder is an intruder," said C.L. Powell, a neighbor.

No charges have been filed. Police did not say how the student got into the house.

---

Art student, not like he needed it.

2. THT

THT The easy way is always mined

At first glace, I :eek3:ed because I thought he was shot with a .308 and not a .38

3. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

My first thoughts was why is he calling this woman a dick, seemed she acted ok?

Then I got it. :rofl:

4. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

maybe he shouldn't have consumed so much alcohol

5. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

:ugh:

She told him to leave and he continued towards her. Looks like she did enough thinking to me.

6. Bloody Sunday

Bloody Sunday OT Supporter

it also sounded like she needs to be taught that basic home security means LOCK YOUR FUCKING door, not shoot whoever goes through it.

7. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

first thing that came to mind was that recent southpark episode where cartman tries to infiltrate the chinese and butters keeps shooting people in the dick :rofl:

NOT cool, butters.

8. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

:ugh:

Where the fuck do you see that the door was unlocked? Obviously an alarm was set which is more than most people can say.

I know a guy whose friend drunkenly went into a person's house (by breaking in bc it was an apt complex and he knew how to break into his own apt) and the same shit happened. Guy told him to stop and he kept coming forward. In someone else's home, that's begging to be shot.

9. sqwirl

sqwirl New Member

Haha exactly what I was thinking. I was half expecting to come in here to the youtube of that.

10. BROKE

BROKE Mr. Selfdestruct

thats how we roll in texas

11. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

Where do you get the door wasn't locked? While it is certainly a possibility (hell even I've been know to forget to lock a door, but I check them all before going to bed) the article mentions nothing about the door being either locked or unlocked.

While it could be a factor in deciding to press charges in some locations or used in the court proceedings, the fact remains he was trespassing and when told to leave at gunpoint not only did not comply, but continued to approach the homeowner. I would have shot too, given all the woman knew was it was the middle of the night, someone was illegally in her home and when she ordered them to leave at gun point the did the opposite. I think that is grounds enough to be in fear for your life.

He was "intoxicated" there are plenty of news stories where a drunk goes to what he thinks is his house and his key doesn't work so he goes in through a window.

I love the "Home Intrusion Suspect Shot In Groin Was Art Student, Police Say" like being an art student has anything to do with getting shot.

I thinks its likely that his intoxication made it jut a case of think the wrong house was his. That being said the homeowner probably didn't know he was intoxicated or is she did there was no way she could tell to what extent it affected his decision or what his intents were.

I wonder if he was drunk intoxicated or something else.

Still even if she could discern he was intoxicated (which might be hard for someone who was just woken up) given what the homeowner knew at the time it sounds like a justified shot.

I hate the undertone of, it was a mistake, he is an art student (they never hurt anyone), he was intoxicated (since he wasn't driving he isn't responsible for his actions) and its TV fault she shot.

12. Wave

Wave Carlos Spicy Weiner

Being intoxicated might explain why he was in the house, but it in no way lets him off the hook. Being intoxicated makes him unpredictable. It makes him more likely to be pissed that the lady is in "his" house and attack her, or whatever. Good shoot IMO.