Underworld: Rise of the Lycans

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Daria, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Daria

Daria New Member

Here is the link for the movie if you would like to look into it:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0834001/

I went to go see this last night and I was expecting a really shitty movie. I was just going out for the sake of cheap Tuesday movie night.

I ended up loving every bit about the movie at the end, and especially the epic ownage castle siege at the end.

The costumes were great, the acting was great, the camera work was pretty good. Overall, 9.5/10 for me (I went in thinking I was going to see a 4/10).

The extra .5 would have been gained if the actors actually pulled off more of the stunts. It seemed like you would see the actor going in to fight, then the camera would zoom off and flash back in for the killing blow, instead of following the fight movements and exchanges between combatants. This is just an extra addition to the movie I would have liked to see.

Has anyone else seen this movie yet? What do you think?

2. Daria

Daria New Member

For a movie with a small budget, I couldn't tell. And yes, the love scene was so bad, I couldn't stop laughing the whole way through. Although it was bad, my enjoyment was actually increased due to the hilarity. I also couldn't help but chuckle every time the big black dude spoke.

3. Nucleartiger

Nucleartiger Clemson makes my nipples hard

I too went into the movie thinking that it would not be very good either. I was pleasantly surprised as I did enjoy the movie. The love scene was a big let down as I was expecting a Rhona Mitra boobshot.

I was surprised that we didn't see the dude from the first one that made the deal with Lucien.

4. PanasonicYouth

PanasonicYouth New Member

Better than the second Underworld film?

I liked the first, but thought the second was a bit hammy.

5. Nucleartiger

Nucleartiger Clemson makes my nipples hard

I don't know. I am going to have to break out the blurays and watch I and II just to see how they rank for me. I definitely thought I was the best. The prequel did a very good job filling in the holes that II left.

6. PanasonicYouth

PanasonicYouth New Member

Supoib.

I shall have to book my theatre ticket.

7. turbodude

turbodude Just a photographer OT Supporter

or dl teh screener

8. Megaton

Megaton New Member

I want to see this at some point. I guess losing Beckinsale hurts the film a bit, but honestly, it's still got vampires and werewolves battling, gun play, Rhona Mitra, and Bill Nighy. I can't argue with that mathematical formula.

I won't pay to see it in theatres, but I'll watch it at some point, I'm guessing an Ondemand download.

9. Circa_Survive

Circa_Survive New Member

Yeah I was very surprised by this movie too. I loved Beckinsale in the others but the new chick was great. It was a good prequel movie. Usually prequels suck.

10. muchepicfail

muchepicfail Member

Meh Kate was the only reason I really watched the first two movies... Already know the storyline and what not so I didn't bother going to theaters to watch this. Guess I'll check it out if I'm ever bored

11. Kasumi Chan

Kasumi Chan Happy, joyous and free. But fuck off.

I loved it.

12. Kasumi Chan

Kasumi Chan Happy, joyous and free. But fuck off.

Did that after I watched it.

13. Red Sadie

Red Sadie New Member

I have watched all three movies. I'm a fan. There are some very interesting things going on if you catch them. I would love to see the story of Marcus and William and Alexander Corvinas. If you remember Alexander was the sole survivor of his village where a plague killed everyone, somehow he survived and changed, became immortal. Also what about the mortal line of corvinas (Michael). Either Alexander had more children or Marcus or William had a child before they were bitten. And what about Amelia. She is important even though they haven't stressed how. We know she is an elder. The only other elders that we know of are Marcus and Viktor. Was she a Corvinas?
    Was there a relationship between her and one of the twins? Could be a whole new movie.
    Next Lucien is suppose to be dead. Is he? What did he really want with Michael Corvin, did he intend to make Michael the hybrid. Was he planning on being the hybrid himself. If you remember from the first movie Lucien withdrew blood from Michael, the next minute he is injecting himself with blood (was it Michael's). Then when Kraven shot Lucien with silver nitrate you think hes dead. He wasn't though, even Raz thought that when he returned from the train attack with Amelia's blood, which he dropped right by Lucien. There are alot of possibilities there. Lucien might not be dead if he injected himself with Michael's blood and Amelia's blood. It took Michael awhile to come back after Marcus killed? him in the second movie. So what I'm saying is they can go forward with the story and bring Lucien back if they want to and they can also go back even further with the story of the Corvinas.

14. ApathyAsylum

ApathyAsylum OT Supporter

I thought her only importance was that she was a Viktor's right hand bitch and was turned into a vampire to help control Marcus' brother

as far as the movie goes i thought it was ok, but not the best out of the 3. My question is: did anyone see Lucian's tattoo/brand? i know he has brand or tattoo of a "V" since he's Viktor's slave and later Kraven cuts it off to show that he's "dead." not once did i see this brand. did i miss it?

15. Red Sadie

Red Sadie New Member

Rise Of The Lycans

In The movie Sonja tells Lucian not to run if they catch him he will be marked. I take it thats when he was branded.

16. kit99bar

kit99bar USPA Class 2, weak, old man!

I hated how the super powerful werewolf was one shotted with his jaw removed in part 2 so I didn't even think of watching 3. Maybe I will now.

17. Red Sadie

Red Sadie New Member

Good, Its worth watching. Also watch the others again, look for the things I mentioned.