MMA Understanding the Techniques of Muay Thai (not really but ridiculous video inside!)

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by brolli, Oct 31, 2005.

1. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

2. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

3. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

Muay thai like this, they try to come in ... and then elbow elbow right here

4. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

Sparring =! 10% speed :mamoru:

5. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

ah I think I've seen these, there is like vs. boxer etc videos too right?

edit- yeah these are excellent.

edit edit - :rofl: I forgot about their 'sparring' :rofl: what a fucking joke.

6. Katsumoto

Katsumoto New Member

Pretty hardcore class right there, apprently they don't realize how ridiculous they look.

7. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

probably a bunch of lame americans who pay way too much to have an old chinese man fill their heads with mystical tales of chi wizardry and the defeat of gigantic russian boxers/wrestlers.

8. DOHChi

DOHChi New Member

speaking of muay thai. i caught a program on the fitness channel, called the deadly arts. this french lady goes to different countries( origins of their martial art) and tries to understand, and learn the martial art. this episode was about muay thai, it was crazy to see how and where they learn in thailand. kids not even 12 years old yet, have been in over 30 fights, fighting over cash prizes and the only form of protection is gloves. the lady is no slouch either, she supposedly has over 30 years(i think, i forget) of training in traditional aikido.

she would go to these reknown masters and try to learn from them. some of them wouldnt even accept her because she's a woman, but she keeps on persisting and eventually they accept her as a student. (i think its mostly because shes a foreigner, but they really dont get into it)

its a cool show, it shows the history of the martial art, the effectiveness of it, the physicality, mentality and the art behind it too. so far i have seen ones about capoeira, some aikido style thing, and the muay thai. she has said that muay thai so far has been the most physical.

oh yea its one friday nights at 8p, eastern time.