undereating/overeating

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Bobsbarricades, Feb 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobsbarricades

Bobsbarricades New Member

I know this is totally against the 'stickies' of information on here. I'm just posting this to see if anybody else has heard of these 'warrior diets' or "spartan health regime' type diets where you restrict your calories severely for 20hrs of the day (including sleep) and then gorge to your hearts content (keeping sensiblities of nutrition in mind, eating leafy greens, then protein and finally carbs for last) at night.

For athletes you add some carbs like oatmeal through the day because of your 1k plus caloric burn and you keep the post workout protein.

Anybody do these?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2007
  2. TZ

TZ Banned

why would you restrict ur calories for 20 hrs of the day

3. Bobsbarricades

basically you retrain your bodies hormones to stretch your glucagon stores. Initially you might have trouble continuing your workouts, but after about a week your body is supposed to adapt.

THrough caloric restriction you, on an everyday basis, give your body time to 'clean house.' have you ever done research on what fasting does for your body? sort of like that.

also, this is where i get fuzzy, you are keeping you glucagon levels much higher throughout the day by not eating really anything and this allows your metabolism to skyrocket. By the time you eat, you increase it further.

I do a bad job of explaining it but the whole concept it to keep you alert throughout the day, boost your metabolism, and help your body addapt in a way to utilize protein MUCH more efficiently.

4. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

5. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

it's retarded

6. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

It's stupid, your amino acid pool is limited. Just because it uses big words doesn't mean it's logical.

7. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

i wouldn't try it

8. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

during that 20 hours when your body is wanting some yummy protein do ya think maybe it'll go ahead and enjoy some yummy muscles along with some stored fat......i think i'll keep to eating my frequent small meals of boring baked chicken thanks for the read though

9. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

sounds like a disaster.

10. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

i dont have carbs for the 5 hours before i go to sleep.

11. Bobsbarricades

And that is kinda where I want to find more people that do it. It makes a lot of sense to me, but it seems like it needs some slight modification.

But the theory (and there's apparently a lot of people that are impressed iwth it's results) is that your body learns to 'stretch glucogen stores'. The glucogen in you're muscles is what your body feeds off of, not the lean muscle fiber. That only occurs when you're body thinks it's starving and that's a heck of a lot harder to reach than one day of undereating where you have like 1-3 fruits/veggies throughout the day that effect insulin the least way possibe. By teaching your body to expect only that one main meal at nioght, your body is supposed to learn to adapt so it stretches it's stores throughout the day. I can't imgaine it'll be easy to adapt because you WILL feel weak, but that's why when you're body is adapting, you listen to it and give it carbs/protein when it needs it.

ori, the warrior diet author, says you shouldn't eat more than 6 oz of protein. In his example diet it looks like he eats, at most, 90g of protein in the form of a denatured/probiotic protein shake which includes his post-workout recover of 40-50g. if you workout in the evening, eat your huge meal about an hour after your recovery protein...but you have a 4 hour windows in which to eat so...

So it's not like your starving your body per-se. Some people do, but I think most of those people are women that don't have high protein demands.

I don't know. It makes sense to me and I think i'm going to try it out. If you want to replly and give me some other information/opinion ok..but come on. be constructive at least...caugh...ceaze

12. Marijuanair

Marijuanair Remember to have your pet spayed or neutered! OT Supporter

They call that diet "slow motion trainwreck" in my country :rofl:

13. ZeeMox

ZeeMox Opinions are like assholes. Fuck em. OT Supporter

This has to be the single worst dieting idea I've ever heard. That will just destroy your metabolism and leave you mal-nourished for a large chunk of the day.

14. Bobsbarricades

do people even read the things I'm posting?

15. ZeeMox

I read everything you posted, and all I see are a bunch of cracked-out theories that need to be posted in the "Worst workout advice you've ever recieved" thread.

He MIGHT even be onto something with the glucose thing, but the health sacrifices you're making everywhere else far outweigh any benefit you could possibly get from this. Forget slow-motion trainwreck. It's more like a flat out 100 mph train-off-the-broken-bridge.

16. Ceaze

Here's some things you might want to stack with your diet for increased synergy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Bobsbarricades

health sacrifices?? let me ask you, do you think it's unhealthy to drink only semen for an extended period of time, from 5 days to 40 if you're body tells you to? Even if its from multiple partners.

18. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

:wtf:

19. Ceaze

move to freakyshiat

20. Bobsbarricades

???? multiple partners?? who the hell wrote that?

21. Bobsbarricades

in any event, what are your thoughts on fasting? why do you think i'm going to be malneurished if I'm eating the same amount of food as I would be, just at a different time?

22. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

I think jumping on the semen diet is a great idea. I'll send you some if need be.

23. Abomb

Abomb New Member

people dont think here bobsbarricades. this forum should be renamed to fitness bandwagon style.

interesting idea, sorry nobody here was actually intellectual enough to DEBATE what you are saying instead of just responding with "wow, this is fucking retarded"

24. ZeeMox

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

25. Ceaze

i do think—that is how i know it's retarded

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.