Under the Dome

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by 1house3kids0vette, Jan 8, 2010.

1. 1house3kids0vette

1house3kids0vette Member

Anybody read King's latest. Massive, good character development. One of his, "What would happen if..." kind of stories. I liked it.

2. clever_username

clever_username Active Member

i'm on a list at the library

3. nozoki

nozoki Hail to the king, baby.

***spoilerific***

I liked it..mostly. Some great characters, especially the "bad guys", but the ending really kind of fell apart for me. I also had a problem with the townsfolk being able to keep using the internet even though the phone and power lines were severed by the dome. And they never used the internet for anything like updating the news agencies or doing some webcam interviews with the outside world. People should have been all over the Today Show and Youtube. Plus would the explosion really work like that? I mean, that seemed a little ridiculous. King set this up to be a great story about how Americans would handle living in a dictator state and then he literally blows it all up.

4. ecton23

ecton23 OT Supporter

I thought it was great, and I'm excited for the HBO mini-series they're making of it.

5. RockDaBoat

RockDaBoat New Member

I'm about halfway through reading it and I'm struggling through it, to be honest. If I pick up a good book, odds are that I'll read it in only a few days regardless of size. I've been reading Under the Dome for nearly a fortnight now...

6. 1house3kids0vette

1house3kids0vette Member

It can be a bit of a chore alright. After I was done, I was thinking that surely he could have cut something to make it shorter, but overall I enjoyed the development of the characters. There were some plot holes that he conveniently smooths overall, but a good book nonetheless.